RC51 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Well, I call dibs on the exhaust when you sell it.:D Never thought you would sell the Ethos....so I call dibs.;)

Did you ever get swing arm blocks yet??
haha the Ethos Slip ons are for sale, but not the Ethos Full system. I'm hanging on to that. As for the blocks, i'm actually looking for chain adjusters....like the gilles tooling ones. I think i found a set in Australia.

Awe inspiring stuff - can't wait to see it finished Paul!

LOL at the dibs :D
Thanks Miguel

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
haha the Ethos Slip ons are for sale, but not the Ethos Full system. I'm hanging on to that. As for the blocks, i'm actually looking for chain adjusters....like the gilles tooling ones. I think i found a set in Australia.

Thanks Miguel
I was at Indy Superbikes location looking at the "returns" they have in stock of the Gilles chain adjusters...all for gixxers:rolleyes:

You wait, when you get over to Germany, you will find a set on the shelf for like 10 Euro:eek::D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
if i can....i'll stock up and send some back for you guys at cost. unfortunately, they will probably be more expensive over there.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Very beautiful exhausts indeed.

Don't you think though, that your rear master will boil up, being so close?

I think the Aprilia Mille had this problem with it's rear master, mounted on the engine......

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Very beautiful exhausts indeed.

Don't you think though, that your rear master will boil up, being so close?

I think the Aprilia Mille had this problem with it's rear master, mounted on the engine......
it is something i am looking at. It may be ok, just because it is not enclosed and will be getting air flow, but is something i will have to keep an eye on. i was a little more worried about the reservoir tube and it melting, i'm thinking i'll have to have a heat shield made.:)

As for the Mille, i never have had that problem with mine. They have had problems with the rear master, but i believe it was from getting gunked up, not anythuing heat related.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
As for the Mille, i never have had that problem with mine. They have had problems with the rear master, but i believe it was from getting gunked up, not anythuing heat related.
Here in Greece if you use it as a commuter bike and not as a track bike, you will have that problem usually in large cities with lots of traffic.

On your RC, a carbon made shield with a heat reflective sheet on the inside (towards the pipe) mounted with two carbon clamps, would be an eye candy.
Have in mind something about the same with the CBR1000RR's (04-05).......just a thought though...;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
it is something i am looking at. It may be ok, just because it is not enclosed and will be getting air flow, but is something i will have to keep an eye on. i was a little more worried about the reservoir tube and it melting, i'm thinking i'll have to have a heat shield made.:)

The Yanashiki unit should do the trick.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Here in Greece if you use it as a commuter bike and not as a track bike, you will have that problem usually in large cities with lots of traffic.

On your RC, a carbon made shield with a heat reflective sheet on the inside (towards the pipe) mounted with two carbon clamps, would be an eye candy.
Have in mind something about the same with the CBR1000RR's (04-05).......just a thought though...;)
good info, thanks Makis. My ape is a weekend rider and gets in the mountains on short sprints but no real in town stuff, so could be the reason i've not experienced it. i like your heat shield idea too, something similair to the HRC heel guards

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #209

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
update....Full HRC Throttle bodies on the way (harness, velocity stacks, fuel regulator included).....with some other HRC goodies (tach, battery box, etc). i have a HRC complete racer harness and ECU, water meter, analog tach, all sensors and switches.....now this is getting interesting

·
Registered
86 Posts
update....Full HRC Throttle bodies on the way (harness, velocity stacks, fuel regulator included).....with some other HRC goodies (tach, battery box, etc). i have a HRC complete racer harness and ECU, water meter, analog tach, all sensors and switches.....now this is getting interesting
Wow, that is a very nice list of goodies!!! That exhaust looks absolutely amazing btw. I'm hoping to pick up a set of ladybird ti slip ons from simon with the blued cans to replace my yoshi's. I have a son on the way due end of sept. so I have to convince the boss I need the pipes!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Wow, it's becoming an increasingly special machine all the time - Fantastic stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
nice man, god knows how your gettin hold of this stuff, so well done. plus with hrc throttle boddies and upgraded fuel pressure regulator, youll prob switch from mpg to gpm :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
New exhaust arrived today. It's a full titanium HRC/TSR replica exhaust made by Ladybird. 15 Were made thanks to Simon. It is beautiful, a complete work of art. Here are some pics.:)

Thanks Polarbear, i appreciate it. Thats where i would like to get it to. Not sure on the weight yet....i'll have it weighed when it is all said and done.

PM sent my friend. i potentially have some Mori pistons in the future....but i'd love a set of HRC pistons too.:D

How can I get one of these? Anybody?

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
gts455 strikes me as a man with serious connections, you'll just have to patiently sit by and watch like the rest of us :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
How can I get one of these? Anybody?
It was a limited run done by Simonkobe in Japan. Not sure if he has any left. He is a member on here. Send him a pm and see if there are any left.

Ladybird also has some nice titanium slip ons that are available on eBay through simonkobejapan. Just search for RC51 Ladybird and they will come up.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Thanks for all the comments guys. sorry it's been slow. Been busy a work, getting the RS50 together, and working on my RSV(new TB's and sealed the inside of the tank to prevent against ethanol). i have been lucky to get the stuff i have, just finding the right people at the right time.

Yep, contact Simon for the Ladybird stuff. i think he still has some of the exhausts left. If not i have a set of Ethos High mounts if you are interested.

·
Registered
104 Posts
New exhaust arrived today. It's a full titanium HRC/TSR replica exhaust made by Ladybird. 15 Were made thanks to Simon. It is beautiful, a complete work of art. Here are some pics.:)

Thanks Polarbear, i appreciate it. Thats where i would like to get it to. Not sure on the weight yet....i'll have it weighed when it is all said and done.

PM sent my friend. i potentially have some Mori pistons in the future....but i'd love a set of HRC pistons too.:D
I may wel get one too very soon. Just wondering about what the efffects on power delivery will be....

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
...Someone needs to develop wireless electronics....like a bluetooth system for motorcycles. My life would be so much easier, and my bike so much less cluttered.
Some newer bikes are using a CAN bus for their electronics.
Makes things simpler from a clutter standpoint, but not as flexible from a customization point.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts

Funny you should mention that.
In the June issue of Performance Bikes, there's a section on improving the RSV Mille.
It said the rear master cylinder was originally designed to be mounted horizontally, but Aprilia decided to mount it vertically, and near the engine.
This allows air to enter the master cylinder.
They recommended repositioning the master cylinder horizontally with after market rearsets.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts