RC51 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
good info, thanks Sub. Never had an issue with the RSV rear, but i'd like to prevent it. I'll look into it.

As for the RC electronics, i think i have gotten to an easier solution. I pretty much have a full HRC electronics package for a complete racer.

Will post up pics of the new parts later today.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
First pic is what i got today. Second is the complete harness and ECU. Third is my modified stator cover and mist tank.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Final piece to the HRC electronics puzzle came in today....all set to start putting it all together.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
First pic is what i got today. Second is the complete harness and ECU. Third is my modified stator cover and mist tank.:)
Will you shoot a closer pictue of the throttle bodie assembly? Close enough where I can get the model # from the side of the body casting please.:D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
thanks. John, i will get you a pic when i get home in a few months.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
good info, thanks Makis. My ape is a weekend rider and gets in the mountains on short sprints but no real in town stuff, so could be the reason i've not experienced it. i like your heat shield idea too, something similair to the HRC heel guards
If you can find someone to make the heal guards, I would be interested in a set. The heal on my right Sidi boot is melted from the mid pipe on my Mori high mounts.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
i bought them off ebay a few years back.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I almost thought you'd be done by the time I got back...guess you had the same vacation ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
yeah, i miss my RC. In a few years when i go back and get it again, it's going to be a slow process picking up where i left off. As it is i'm going to sell 2 bikes when i go home.....probably the Mille and either the Triumph or CBR. The RC will stay, the RS50, and probably the CBR. Just too much for me to have and to try and maintain and keep up with myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
yeah, i miss my RC. In a few years when i go back and get it again, it's going to be a slow process picking up where i left off. As it is i'm going to sell 2 bikes when i go home.....probably the Mille and either the Triumph or CBR. The RC will stay, the RS50, and probably the CBR. Just too much for me to have and to try and maintain and keep up with myself.

And that's why you're a better man than me, GTS.
I've a hard time just keeping one ship shape as it is. I could not think of even 2 bikes. Yikes !!

Take Care,
Atif.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Shame to sell the Mille, as you evidently like it a lot, but then it's fairly close to what the RC51 is in purpose, so I guess it's the right thing to do. Funny you'll sell the Triumph over the CBR. You seem to prefer your classic bikes! :D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I really do love my classics.... it'll be hard to sell both bikes, but 5 is just too much. i'd rather have 2 bikes i can keep up with and do the proper maintenance rather then skimp out and let fork oil sit for 2-3 years. The RC will be my long term project. CBR is just an awesome, extremely comfortable, practical, and very fun bike....and its a classic, that i can use daily.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
2 classics... anybody would be forgiven for thinking you have a soft spot for Hondas. :)
Yeah, for sure - life's priorities change with having a family and so we have less time for our hobbies!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Thanks Cam. I do miss it a lot. It will be nice to get back to the states and get working on it again.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
2-5 more years unfortunately.

221 - 240 of 251 Posts