RC51 Forums banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
2-5 more years unfortunately.
meh....all because you want to be a Jason Bourne.:D

We will need to have a talk about the Ape.....no hurries though. I may be in the area in July and have to take a look at her:cool:

Yes, this is officially dibs you bunch of hoarding cut throat pirates.:mad::D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Ha my job is not that cool at all.

Consider the Ape saved for you. You know i'll give you a good deal on it.
Unfortunately it's in military storage, so i have no access to it until i move back. So you'll have to wait a few years.

But we can talk.

·
Registered
474 Posts
nice to see all those parts in one picture:cool:

My beast is ready to go. Everything is looking good and I will break it in the 1st week of march. Once it is broken in I am going to beat on it like it owes me money. At this point it owes me a lot.
I was looking to buy a set of hrc throttle bodies but i havent been able to find any of the other parts to go with them.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Yeah i got really lucky. I actually had the required parts years before i got the TB's. Everything but the tuner box, which you can still get. The ECU is key. Let us know about the bike Speedster, i remember you grabbing all types of motor bits. Must be a beast.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
A little thread revival in anticipation of my return to the states and being reunited with my project SP1. Will be back at the end of May and will be moving to Long Island, NY where I grew up.

I've had 5 1/2 years to go through this build in my head. There will be a few changes, but with the Fireblade done, I am really looking forward to diving back into this build and coming back to the forum. Good to see some of the old guys still floating around and also a lot of new members with really nice bikes.....more to come shortly.

Picture of the bike as I left it.

Reactions: MJay and Motleyfan

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
OK.....here we go. Project officially proceeds forward starting today.

Reactions: Motleyfan

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Same here. At this point, the focus is going to be getting it roadworthy. On the side, i'll start a second engine build to go with the HRC stuff and once i have that together i'll swap it all out. I just don't want it sitting another 10 years.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Soooo.....i've finally been able to go through boxes and start laying out parts and it seems some things have gone missing through the last two moves....thank god, nothing crazy. Seems i'm missing a Matris Steering damper, a spare HRC basic racer harness, my original wiring harness, my battery tray and i think that's all for now. Everything else seems to have shown up. Fairings got scratched but are intact. frame has a few small scratches but i guess overall it could have been worse. That being said i'm on the lookout for an original SP1 harness and a battery tray if anyone has something laying around. Tray can be cut.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Found everything, tucked away in a corner sitting under a bunch of RS50 fairings.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
And it begins....

241 - 251 of 251 Posts