RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
The last time I ran it I was on a quad set up for road racing with Hoosiers. The corner by the trees will scare the shit out of you if they run it as a left hand turn. It is a small downhill straight with the turn. You can over shoot the turn lol. I've ran it in both directions back in the 90's. I have heard it's been repaired in the last few years which should have smoothed it out.
There are a couple of folks in Topeka that have been down there and liked it. I know one of them lost her motor the last time she was there. I'll try and contact her to get her feelings on it.

Registered
I've been riding ther since it was built. It has changed ownership several times but the folks who own it now are first rate. I found it to be a lot like Oak Hill that used to be in Henderson Texas. It's somewhat tight, good elevation changes, has several blind apexes and is in general a ball to ride. Turn six is the best, bar-none, whether going clockwise or couter clockwise. I've been doing Track Days there for the last ten or so years. The motorcycle lap record is held by Ty Howard on a KTM RC8. I didn't make it down last season because of a serious injury I suffered just before Christmas in 2013, but I'll be down there this year.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
cool, well currently im aiming for the end of summer.....ill have to see. All i need is body and funds for logistics.

Registered
I hope you make it. Where are you located? I'm from Wichita, Ks. I'm not doing track days anymore because of my injuries, but I do enjoy coming down to spectate. Let me know when you are going to be there and If I can make it down, I'd be glad to help you out in the pits.

Here is an older shot of my RC51 and a more recent one of my vintage racer, taken at Hallett. The guy trying to pass me, fell down just after this photo was taken. You can see that he is just starting to lose the front end.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
jul 18-19.......ill be there rain or shine (rain with this bike should be testicle enlarging). All i have left to do is get the bottom fairing, paint it and get it put on....then testing saturday and sunday for first time out in over a year!

Premium Member
Rode track days/every other weekend.. when I lived in Tulsa.. Owned a track torn/worn 1995 GSXR750r (SPR limited edition)...
Glad to read , that the track has been re-surfaced.. was wild to ride in 2004....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts