RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I just wanted to say "Hi" to all you thumpers out there. I love the thumping sound of the V twin. I have only owned inline fours.

I just picked up a '04 RC51 this week which so happens to be the week of my B'day too. I have been wanting an RC51 since they were introduced in 2000. I got a chance to pick a good condition two owner locally owned bike. It is a California bike. It needs some TLC since the second owner was using it as a commuter. The supposed first owner only put 10k miles on her from '04 till '13. The second owner almost doubled it in the last year and a half. He put a Hot Bodies fender eliminator on her. I kind of wish he left her stock. The original owner gave the Honda sponsor '04 stickers to the second owner, now to me.

I have popped in an out of this and many bike forums over the years but have now a bike to join the club.

Regards,

Thumper

Attachments

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
lol ^^^ :p

·
Premium Member
736 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. Much faster than the 03's.
Thanks, You must have an '04 and they are better looking than the "03s too. :) I will be cleaning her up and checking her out before I go riding. I only took a test ride and brought her home so far.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You chose the perfect year! :D

Welcome!
Thanks, I like your front turn signal light. What company makes it? How is it hooked up? Is it a two plus one wire hook up like the OEM light? The person I bought the bike from gave me two small two wire turn indicators for the front.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Thanks, I like your front turn signal light. What company makes it? How is it hooked up? Is it a two plus one wire hook up like the OEM light? The person I bought the bike from gave me two small two wire turn indicators for the front.
Previous owner installed them. They're prob el cheap-o's prob from eBay, and I have no running lights so they're prob only 2-wire,

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on the bike man, and 04 is definitely the fastest year ;) would you be interested in selling the sponsor decal kit?
Thanks, Sorry but I plan on keeping the decal set for now. They are starting to peel. I'm glad the last owner keep them since he had no interest in them. The bike was the last owners only vehicle. It was a co-workers husband bike. If I decide to sell them I will let you know first.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Welcome, nice NH.

You been eating too many grasshoppers buddy!:D

Hi, You have some beautiful country up there! I was in Calgary this last May for vacation with my wife. She used to live there in Banff. It was my first trip to Canada for pleasure. We had a great time. We were trying to get to see the Glaciers but we got SNOWED out on the way so turned back. We wanted to see that new glass overhang that you have. Everything was snow covered. The entire Lake Louise was covered with snow. I wanted to see the green glacier waters :(

I hope you have a set of studded tires for your RC51 :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts