RC51 Forums banner

Happy Birthday/Midlife Crisis

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  budoka 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I just wanted to say "Hi" to all you thumpers out there. I love the thumping sound of the V twin. I have only owned inline fours.

I just picked up a '04 RC51 this week which so happens to be the week of my B'day too. I have been wanting an RC51 since they were introduced in 2000. I got a chance to pick a good condition two owner locally owned bike. It is a California bike. It needs some TLC since the second owner was using it as a commuter. The supposed first owner only put 10k miles on her from '04 till '13. The second owner almost doubled it in the last year and a half. He put a Hot Bodies fender eliminator on her. I kind of wish he left her stock. The original owner gave the Honda sponsor '04 stickers to the second owner, now to me.

I have popped in an out of this and many bike forums over the years but have now a bike to join the club.

Regards,

Thumper

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
lol ^^^ :p

#10 ·
Gotta have 10 posts, then add the
after the link to pic

#18 ·
Thanks, Sorry but I plan on keeping the decal set for now. They are starting to peel. I'm glad the last owner keep them since he had no interest in them. The bike was the last owners only vehicle. It was a co-workers husband bike. If I decide to sell them I will let you know first.

Attachments

#21 ·
No snow tires for the RC, I have a snowmobile for the winter months! May can be very unpredictable in the mountains for sure. Here's how I deal with winter when I can't be on the SP

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.