RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im not sure if its a issue or if its the nature of the bike, ive been riding this bike recently everyday pretty much for the last 4 months.

Ive noticed When i hard accelerate my bike and if happens to be in the wrong gear (with clutch fully engaged) bike makes a thuk thuk sound. when that happens i shift down a gear / or clutch in to higher the rev and then accelerate

Is this normal with this bike ??

·
Registered
428 Posts
can you explain your problem a little bit more, how fast are you going and what are the RPM's at, what gear?
The bike will chug if your in the wrong gear though, Keep the thing humming around 5k in all the gears and you shouldn't have that problem again. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you explain your problem a little bit more, how fast are you going and what are the RPM's at, what gear?
The bike will chug if your in the wrong gear though, Keep the thing humming around 5k in all the gears and you shouldn't have that problem again. ;)

May be im used to the custom of inline four..

Thats very true with the bike.. when the revs are higher, its a pleasure to ride..

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Mine don't like it from that low either, for just normal in town riding I stay in the 3.5k-6k range, With 16/42

Stay above the 3.5-4k, she will be a lot happier under light load, but to get the most out of her try 5.5-6k.

Just watch your speeds triple digits comes fast after shifting out of 1st.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've only had my RC for a few months and had the same "issues" at first. Now that I'm used to keeping it up in the band at least over 3000 (and better 3500) we are getting along much better. These bikes just don't do well loafing around town or quietly chugging along a back county lane. For in town you'll probably stay in second or third gear all the time if you have stock gearing like mine. Gearing and a PCIII are on my shortlist of things to get done which everything says will make a huge improvement.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
As all others say rev it higher. Chugging around isn't what these bikes are good at. They respond well to being around 5,000-8,000 rpm with wide open throttle, hard braking, cornering, etc. When riding slowly to say wait for my wife in the car behind, it just feels heavy and full of vibration. Set it free...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts