The second paragraph is exactly what my bike is doing yesterday and today. It's 100 degree weather here now. This issue is brand new to my bike. I'll follow the advice from the thread the above quote came from.Thanks for the idle speed info. Just got the bike back from the shop and the idle speed is now 1300. They changed the air filters, plugs and put in new fuel with fuel treatment.
Bike runs amazing(just like before), but is still difficult to start when hot. I have to give it some throttle and then it starts up. Never had to do that until 3 weeks ago.
- Look at plugs, although they were new 3000 miles ago.
- Look at and clean the air filters,
- make sure idle is proper--1300,
- check the small hose on my fuel pres reg. for fuel leak
- Damn, i did just fill my gas tank right before this started, guess I better dump the remaining 2 gallons...
I will consult the manual now, but I started searching our forum first. Three of you had the right diagnostics for CJMJ. To me, that's more valuable than any mechanic for hire!