1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Cant see the pics from ly phone but i have bought one of the kits from the chinese. Fitment wasnt the best. You will need an extra set of hands for sure. You kinda get what you pay for. My end result is really good but it takes some work
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
609 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271013529855&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_6053wt_881

I'm looking at these and wondered if anyone had any experience and how good they are. Looking around these look as close to the original as possible apart from the rear panel. I'm wondering if the lines etc line as as they are supposed to when you look at the bike from the side to follow on from the tank. Any pics with them fitted would be appreciated.

Regards
David Norman
Dave, do some searches on this forum and you will find many many different answers to your question.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My roomate also purchased a set for his 675 with similar results. Took both of us to do a little pushing etc on the panels and drill out the holes a bit. If your on a budget id say go for it but it will be a project. Not everybody has the coin to throw down on the pricey stuff

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a buddy that just strapped some chinese HRC replica plastics onto his 2008CBR1KRR and it looks great. I have a couple of other friends that had success with their knockoff plastics also. It's probably the route I'll be going with my bike in the near future. I love the Castrol theme and the only way to do it is custom paint (expensive) or knockoff plastics. I'll take my chances with the plastics.

·
Registered
126 Posts
my bike has a god awful ugly set right now (ghost flames). they fit really well though. they were on the bike when i bought it but i was surprised how solid they were when mounted. they fit well enough that i think i may try to get a set of the '03 design to try to convert back to a "stock look"

·
Registered
41 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271013529855&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_6053wt_881

I'm looking at these and wondered if anyone had any experience and how good they are. Looking around these look as close to the original as possible apart from the rear panel. I'm wondering if the lines etc line as as they are supposed to when you look at the bike from the side to follow on from the tank. Any pics with them fitted would be appreciated.

Regards
David Norman
I was also wondering how the red on the fairings matches up with the factory red on the tank. Anyone know. pics would be great.

Cheers
Troy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts