1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Well, ok it's got 2 miles on the odometer, so mechanically it's new.
But at $11.6K, I doubt they'll get any takers.
Average resale is $6300 today.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They have been reposting that for a couple of months now on and off. Dont think it is going to sell at that price... Did you also notice that the rear hugger is not there? Thought that came on all new bikes... Hmmmm

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree the price is outrageous, just thought it was a cool find.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think 9 would be pushing it.....just out of curiosity how many hayden reps were produced?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow.....alright i guess this wasn't such a great find. been more of an Aprilia guy and im new to the RC51 scene, don't know anything about the limited editions.....or not so limited.thanks though.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the '04's a nice looking bike.
I almost bought one several years ago but it was bought super quick.
This one, while cherry, is still overpriced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ibought a Hayden with 2 miles on it last May with crate damage. Too expensive to replace nearly all the body, so I put on a Konica Minolta kit. Paid 7000 with factory warr. Too much? Probably, but I don't care.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe a little bit, but from a dealer you will always pay a bit more. hard to find one with low miles like that so id say you still got a great deal. Rccarver, we are gonna have to meet up soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The guy at Sun Honda told me not to worry about breaking it in, so I got it up to maybe 6K that night . Did I hurt it and how will I know? Doesn't smoke and after that I took it easy for the next 500 miles or so. Stupid huh? Have 2K on it now and runs like a bat out of hell. First nice week-end, let's meet in Deckers.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
The owner's manual was real helpful.
All it said was, "avoid full throttle operation for the first 300 miles".
One blast to 6K RPM followed by taking it easy for the next 500 didn't hurt it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
RC51 2003 Hayden collaborator bike

This bikes' original owner actually met Hayden ; then built this bike around his specs, does that count? I'll sell it for $8k. Does 189 mph.Guaranteed. Over $24,700 invested. Only 9,700 miles on engine 19,000 miles total. If you were to buy it retail and add all its' got you would have spent over 17,000 USD. this is a draft of what was supposed to be my sales ad but i'm falling in love; hurry quick ,save me. I THINK I'LL KEEP IT; SORRY TO LATE TO START OVER.

Proposed ad:

The RC51, this is not your run of the mill motorcycle it was and is Hondas premier superbike. Original price $13,500.00; Bought @ R&J Honda in Albuquerque, N.M. It is still one of the top 5 fastest bikes in the world. (go online & check it out); Highest speed attained=189 MPH
I am selling the bike because I am having a baby in July; feel free to text or call me at 505-410-9811
Many extras:
Two brothers exhaust Carbon fiber C5(high mount).Wrapped headers
Full set of frame sliders
LED lighting throughout
Leather covered seat
Chrome lids on clutch/brake master cyl
Power commander 3 usb mapped
Steel braided brake lines
Pazzi clutch and brake levers
Polished frame
Texas undertail no longer made and highly sought after because it used led
Vortex -1,+2 ;520gear/chain mod
Tire hugger
One down; two up gears
Air filter/Soft rev mods
Carbon fiber clutch discs
Custom GM/SEM/House of Colors - Olympic White Lightning Paint by SPC of Abilene ,TX.
Polished/black rims
200/50 rear tire Dunlop(less than 100 miles)
Still looking for; OEM front tire D208/Dunlop, 130/60-17 upgrade.
Video rearview system(wireless)
Custom Aereo rear view mirrors (useless).
Fully insulated fairings
Protective screens over radiators.
Under 10k miles on engine rebuild
Total miles on chassis is 19,000 miles
Plus more; Total cost =$24,621.00
Asking $8,000.00
Bike runs great. It will keep up with anything on the road seat of the pants thrill ride not recommended for the beginner or faint of heart!!!!!!
Professional buyers only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts