RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this has happened twice. my headlights has cut out twice now, dont really know why its doing it. i have aftermarket lights and it blows the fuse out. when the lights were first installed they were fine and now eversince the first time it happened i would say almost a ride or two. or basically a long ride. why is it blowing my fuse?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I think you know WHY the fuse is blowing (ahem, to protect the entire circuit), so let's include more useful information about what kind (brand/model/wattage/amperage rating, etc) of aftermarket headlights are on the bike.

Did you already check the entire headlight wiring system to look for frayed/knicked wires or poorly connected grounds, etc ? Are any other lights/accessories wired into your headlight circuit as well ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What did you put in for lights? If they draw more power than stock, you should use a relay setup.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you know WHY the fuse is blowing (ahem, to protect the entire circuit), so let's include more useful information about what kind (brand/model/wattage/amperage rating, etc) of aftermarket headlights are on the bike.

Did you already check the entire headlight wiring system to look for frayed/knicked wires or poorly connected grounds, etc ? Are any other lights/accessories wired into your headlight circuit as well ?
i mean i know why, just needed some leads to what to look for. im not the greatest at electrical and just hate it. ill have to find out more as its been a while since i got em on the bike. i dont think its the lights as its a recent thing.
nothing else wired to the lights.
ill look around and see if i can find anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts