RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks I need the headstock bearing sizes for my sp1 00 and I need to know where I can find a place to buy a ect sensor,also could do with a site for a tail tidy tray with light and looking for standard front mudguard

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Your Honda dealer or online site would be your easiest source for the bearings and ECT sensor.

Be sure and get replacement seals for the headstock bearings while you're at it.
Keep the old races to use when driving in the replacement new bearing races, unless you have the special tools on hand.

You may need to toy with the bearing preload torque after replacement so the forks swing freely side to side.
The factory torque spec is the starting point.

The Tyga carbon-fiber front fender is actually cheaper than new OEM (and looks awesome).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Honda dealer or online site would be your easiest source for the bearings and ECT sensor.

Be sure and get replacement seals for the headstock bearings while you're at it.
Keep the old races to use when driving in the replacement new bearing races, unless you have the special tools on hand.

You may need to toy with the bearing preload torque after replacement so the forks swing freely side to side.
The factory torque spec is the starting point.

The Tyga carbon-fiber front fender is actually cheaper than new OEM (and looks awesome).
Thanks mate checked for movement after I took the wheel off and no play in headstock atall so putting it down to the tyre which had bulges on it thanks again for ur input and time

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Bulges? Not good at all.
Did you happen to check the manufacture date on the tire?
Usually its molded on the sidewall in a 4-digit pattern of 2-digit year and 2-digit week.
So 1302 is 2nd week of 2013.
A tire is at most, good for 5 to 6 years, even when sitting on the shelf.
Shorter if the tire is exposed to a hot environment, more if the tire is in a cooler environment.
What happens is the plasticizer degrades over time and the tire loses flexibility in the carcass and tread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts