RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
i understand you're changing the thermostat.

if you have reason to believe that the engine coolant temperature sensor is not working properly, then replace it. but if your dash reads temperature normally then there's no reason to change it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i understand you're changing the thermostat.

if you have reason to believe that the engine coolant temperature sensor is not working properly, then replace it. but if your dash reads temperature normally then there's no reason to change it.
yeah everything else is working fine fans turns on on the tach it reads the temperature when is rising also the temp light comes on so yes I also believe I don’t need to change it thanks for the feed back 🤙🏼

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Since it's under the thermostat housing, be sure the temp sensor contacts are clean, and put a dab of dielectric grease on the contacts during assembly to prevent corrosion.
Better yet, do the same for all electrical contacts on the bike.
Age and corrosion are the cause of most electrical problems on the bike, especially in humid or seasonal areas with condensation.

Of course, the human element is the next cause for electrical problems on this and any bike with electrical "modifications" gone wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts