RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched this topic and found only two posts, but not the answer I was looking for. I bought an rc51 with heli bars on it, are these suppose to be good bars? They seem to vibrate bad, my hands are numb after 15 minutes on the bike. Are there better ones available? I also searched for bar end weights, but I never see a solid answer on good ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I had Heli-bars on my '02 RC51 when I bought it.
The main advantage is they allow a slightly more upright riding position by being slightly higher and offset rearward.
The stock bar end weights attach to the bar ends.

When I refurbished my bike last year, I removed the Heli-bars and went with Duranni adjustable magnesium clip-ons. Magnesium is supposed to damp vibration better than aluminum.
It must be so as I'm not using any bar weights and I don't notice any bothersome vibration.
But then I didn't notice bothersome vibration with the Heli-bars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry, but if you alter ANYTHING (ergonomically) on an RC, it's not an RC! Like is said, you've got to get off every 120-130 miles anyway to get gas. If you want a silly grin on your face, get an RC. If you want to enjoy the scenery, get a superchicken.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
It's the main reason I removed my Heli-Bars and installed adjustable clip-ons.
I used my RC51 as my play bike and corner carver and will obtain a "standard", more back friendly bike for casual longer distance riding.
As they say, "the right tool for the right job".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Didn't mean to be a purist, but I want to ride what Edwards and Hayden rode! (sort of). Thanks for being on this sight, SubSailer!

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Thanks! I just try to be helpful.
The RC51 is a good ole war pony.
I love working on it almost as much as riding it.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
i have heli bars and love em. mine have no vibrations in them with arrow bar end weights. RCcarver i agree with you, but when you have severe back pain when bending over to put your socks on the bars are needed, i have gilles on the r6....and put up with pain on the Aprilia.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heli Bars

JChurch,

Please let me know if you decide to part with the heli bars since I am looking for a pair. Heli no longer makes them for the RC.

Davetti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts