RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

After many visits on this forum, I cross the line of subscription :)

I'm an happy owner of a RC51 SP1, which I only use on track, for training and races (at a rookie level !).
I love riding, but my first pleasure is learning mechanics, working on my SP1 and finding lots of nice parts to install and run together.

My fist goal, at this time, is to prepare the old motorcycle championship for 2019.
So I have one year to finish my second engine, my bike... and improve myself to be a little more faster...

Please don't hesitate to correct my english if you see mistake !

I'll post pictures later : I still have to understand how the forum works :)

Regards to all !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah : I managed to post :)

So pictures now :)

Here is my "second lady", in her first dress, when I bought her :)
After one week of road riding, I asked my wife to keep the key hidden, until I modify the bike to be only a track bike : too much pleasure, lake of brain... ^^

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then : I love the grey, but I have to change all for track and keeping safe the OEM fairing parts.

I have always thought that biking means also "being watched" : so let's go to the yellow force :p

Some pictures before and after my first crash (water, optimistic braking...)... Funny : the man just in front of me falled two curves after the picture, and I falled the next turn, one curve after...

Then, pictures with repared bike, but not yet re-painted : I was testing my new parts :)

Finally, pictures for my first speed race, organized in memory of a famous man in the french motorcycle word : Robert Doron. Three days of extrem pleasure and improvement, with my new flashy paint :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For this season, more things to come (DHC snorkel, SP2 body throttle with velocity stacks, Moriwaki airbox, ...).
For next year (work in progress...) : Piston JE, Carillo rod, "Revolution" camshift kit, Akrapovic Exhaust full titanium...

Did I said I prefer parts than track ?

;)

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Welcome Matiouchka! I like the yellow paint scheme, reminds me a bit of the Smokin' Joe Race bikes in the AMA years ago. Good luck at the track!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome!
That's an awesome paint scheme on your track bike. I didn't think I'd ever like yellow on a RC51, but you've done an excellent job of it. The white perfectly accents the yellow. Nice work!

Can you tell me more about 'the old motorcycle championship' you intend on entering? What other bikes will you be racing against?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice to see you here ! ;-)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome aboard. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome!
Can you tell me more about 'the old motorcycle championship' you intend on entering? What other bikes will you be racing against?
Sorry for answering late, I don't know why, sometimes, my post are not published ??

So, about the championship you are asking me : if you own a bicycle which has more than 20 years old, you are able to participate, in different categories (they are complicated and numerous, I will have difficulties to list them).
The interest of that contest is that you have some really old bikes, from the beginning of the last century, and also legendary bikes (rare...) like MV Agusta, RC30, ... I don't remember the name of the more recent class (bike before 1996 or 97, I'm not sure), but in that class there are a lot of bike which on I was dreaming when I "was" young... (I'm still, I'm a biker !).

So, during the contest, the atmosphere is really different than during "standard" championships : there is competition spirit, of course, but in "classical way" : no professional goal, no much money, etc. So, there is much less tension.
In the paddock, you can often see someone helping someone else to fix something even if they are competitors. Plus, they often know each other : this is a sort of big contest for passionate and nostalgic people whose love their bikes, often youth bike attached to memories.

I can't post yet url, but you'll find the site web on the 2018 poster joined. I'm sorry but it seems to be only in french : ask me if you want more informations or translations.

And thanks all for welcoming :)

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome! Such a wonderful color scheme, I love it. In the past I was stubbornly against yellow paintjobs until I was given a yellow bike and now I am quire partial to it ;) We will be back in France in the Fall, whereabouts are you? North, central? South? We will be in Paris, Lyon, Tours and Bordeaux. We will be renting bikes near Bordeaux if we can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! Such a wonderful color scheme, I love it. In the past I was stubbornly against yellow paintjobs until I was given a yellow bike and now I am quire partial to it ;) We will be back in France in the Fall, whereabouts are you? North, central? South? We will be in Paris, Lyon, Tours and Bordeaux. We will be renting bikes near Bordeaux if we can.
I have to confess that I choose the easier way : I saw beautiful paint, but if you don't want to use stickers it is really much more complicated and long (and I prefer not use sticker as possible).
The first paint has a lot of logo : then I remembered that they didn't pay me for showing their brands :)
But I paid for their (nice) products... I know sponsoring is a dream, at my level, but it's not a reason to be used :)

What is your really nice french trip for ? Will you do all that on bike (what bikes ?) ?
I live in Tours :)
The Fall may not be the driest season (depends the dates), but you'll surely appreciate the lower temperatures !

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to confess that I choose the easier way : I saw beautiful paint, but if you don't want to use stickers it is really much more complicated and long (and I prefer not use sticker as possible).
The first paint has a lot of logo : then I remembered that they didn't pay me for showing their brands :)
But I paid for their (nice) products... I know sponsoring is a dream, at my level, but it's not a reason to be used :)

What is your really nice french trip for ? Will you do all that on bike (what bikes ?) ?
I live in Tours :)
The Fall may not be the driest season (depends the dates), but you'll surely appreciate the lower temperatures !
I agree, I once absolutely refused to show logos unless they were paying me (or giving me a steep discount). My dirtbike, however, has logos all over it, whatever. I think it looks fine. But any other bikes? Nope.

I was wanting May, but finding a BnB in May is crazy there. Besides I am really not ready financially. BECAUSE I KEEP BUYING PARTS FOR THIS RC51!! We are getting married in front of Notre Dame (not inside), just "symbolic" because we won't be staying there the 45 days before to do so legally. Then we are going all over the place. I have distant relatives there but I haven't seen them since I was a kid, if at all - most are passed on now. Last time we were in EU (Italy) we rented a Honda Hornet with a dented tank, it is all they had. This time whatever we can get, as long as it isn't a Harley. ;)

Sorry to hijack your thread and for the delay. We were out of town.

-Marianne

·
Registered
32 Posts
I take that back. The RC has Castrol on the front fender hahah But I own two front fenders, one with and one without the decal. It is clearcoated in. The only reason the Castrol one is still on is sheer laziness (it came with the Chinese AM white bodywork).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts