RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping to learn enough here to get an RC51 track bike project going later this year. My son races a CBR600 and I'm tired of doing all the work and watching him practice at the track so I'm thinking I'll build me a "reward" bike to do a few laps here and there. That is, if he can keep his upright long enough for me to spend some money on myself...

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Careful with your son though, he might take a shine to the RC51 when you get it and you'll find yourself right back where you started :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard.

Careful with your son though, he might take a shine to the RC51 when you get it and you'll find yourself right back where you started :D
I've considered that. In fact, that's how all this got started in the first place. I was tired of riding cruisers so I picked up a GSXR 750 to have a little fun on and he proceeded to park his car and take the bike everywhere. Then I took him to the track and now he's hooked and I'm spending all my play money keeping him going. It's all good though. He's on a Honda now and he's really getting quick but I have to admit sometimes its hurts a little when your kid is smoking you on the track. Teenagers have no fear.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
sweet, sounds like both of you will be having a blast. I think the v twin is going to hook your son....he's going to want one. welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts