RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty early 2000 RC51 serial 000251, incidentally, an Initial dyno showed 122 hp at the rear wheel which was unusual for a stock unit since three other 2000 RC51’s before me showed 119 hp? It was my “swan song” bike as I had raced for 40 years and wanted something I could ride on the road and have fun at the track. I was still racing in the AHRMA vintage series in 2000 so couldn’t resist entering in the BOTT F1 unlimited with my RC. I had the bike remapped and took it to Daytona,What a blast, I knew I had made the right choice for a bike to retire with. A fantastic bike which makes me giggle like a school boy every time I ride it.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Hello and welcome. Where in Ontario? Do you still get any track time in? You have some great courses to ride in Ontario...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Near Alliston, yes I rode this year at Mosport (now Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) and Calabogie a great new track near Ottawa with 19 corners! I had taken the RC51 off the road completely a few years back in favour of track days only, as did my riding and racing buddies with their big bore machines as you cant ride them the way you want to on the roads. Your first speeding ticket is likely to be your last and insurance doesn't look on you to kindly up here! I turned 70 this year and am considering putting the RC back to stock to ride for pleasure only, I know I have to be tame now on public roads. Lol Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I'd wee myself with joy to ride any of those tracks. I'm only 61 so maybe I'll get the chance LOL. There is a huge downside to living in a country as vast as Canada...nothing is ever really close. I keep telling my friends at Honda Canada in Toronto they need to fly me out for testing a new 1000SP or a 600rr. They laugh...go figure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you plan a vacation trip to Ontario you could probably get lots of track time in as there is a track day most weekends. I use to do the same in the USA AHRMA series ending in Daytona at Bike Week then spend the rest of my vacation in Florida, a prerequisite with the wife and kids😉

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I was down there summer of '17, but was on the Goldwing so track riding was sort of out of the picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold my wing last year, the last bike I thought an old Rocker like me would own, turned out to be one of the best machines I ever owned, was sad to see it go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts