RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, finally got an RC51, I've wanted one since I first heard one in 2002. I got out of a Buell XB9 this winter with every mod possible and started my search for a 51. After a 3 month search for the perfect one I found it last week. It is a 2001 with 2011 miles. I was told it was originally bought modded and sat inside the original owners house as a show piece with 0 miles. It was purchased by the guy I bought it from last year dealer prepped and rode for 2011 miles after which he decided it wasn't for him. I plan on doing the the following mods to the bike; steering damper, Kyle Racing rear link, flapper mod, soft rev limiter removal, high mount gp style exhaust.

The bike came with the following mods:

Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon exhaust
Power Commander 3 w/ custom tune
ASV adjustable levers
Zero Gravity wind screen
Harris rear sets
Under tail kit
Carbon front and rear fenders
42 tooth rear sprocket
Marvic Penta magnesium wheels (uninstalled need to be refinished)
Sargent seat
Flushmount turn signals
Heli Clip-ons
Stainless brake lines

Album of Pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v723/SKVR6GTI/RC51/

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Wow, another lo-milage bike. I'm really surprised at all the lo-milage (like under 5000 mi.)
RC51's that have come to the gleeful hands of a bunch of our members.

Nice score SubiSTIguy! I have Harris Rearsets, but I just can't tell for sure in your picture, but they do look like harris. That Sargent seat is total garbage tho. You need to send it to me immediatly, so I can ship you the stock plank, er i mean seat.

Gotta get me another sargent...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, another lo-milage bike. I'm really surprised at all the lo-milage (like under 5000 mi.)
RC51's that have come to the gleeful hands of a bunch of our members.

Nice score SubiSTIguy! I have Harris Rearsets, but I just can't tell for sure in your picture, but they do look like harris. That Sargent seat is total garbage tho. You need to send it to me immediatly, so I can ship you the stock plank, er i mean seat.

Gotta get me another sargent...
Yeah I had to scoop this one up I looked at about 5 others, they all had higher milage, less mods, and worse service history. I also got every single stock part for the bike too, the guy even kept the factory brake lines. I'll definitely be keeping the Sargent seat, I put the factory one on and went around the block it was horrible.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I still ride mine, but I'm light, it's a hard seat. And my sp1 suspension can be a little harsh.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
nice find. welcome to the forum, looks like you found a really clean SP1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've only been able to ride the RC51 for about 15 minutes so far, the weather has been cold and rainy since I've picked it up. My first impressions are that the power bands are pretty similar except that the 51 pulls much harder up top and pulls to 10k compared to the 7.5k of the buell. So far I like the braking of the Buell better however I haven't really pushed the RC51 that hard yet. That being said the Buell was definitely easier to get on and ride to the limit.

Pic of the Buell:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts