RC51 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

bike is running great. I bought a set of original mufflers just to have them on the shelf and to use them on longer trips because Arrow cans are quite loud and can be tiring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sure they are heavier than Arrow cans. But does it really mean if You use the bike for cruising around and making long trips?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
@APC - I get switching to the factory cans for longer roadtrips, but have you tried fitting any exhaust "plugs/inserts" (silencers) with the Arrows to help out ?

Might be worth a few bucks if they fit properly, not that swapping the cans is a very time consuming process, but every little bit of extra seat time is a good thing ! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@APC - I get switching to the factory cans for longer roadtrips, but have you tried fitting any exhaust "plugs/inserts" (silencers) with the Arrows to help out ?

Might be worth a few bucks if they fit properly, not that swapping the cans is a very time consuming process, but every little bit of extra seat time is a good thing ! :)
Arrows have no original silencers and they look like they have not been planned to put silencers in. For instance Leovince silencers have a factory silencer that You can put in/out when You want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Paint secured for contact with tailbag ad stripes:

A quick weekend tour to polish/czech mountains and twisties:

and bath after few days and more than 1000km:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Winter time has began. Time to do some planned work :)

Headers off, polishing time:

Gaskets and some miscellaneous parts odered at the dealership. Waiting for delivery.

I will also dissasembly, clean and lubricate the cushion linkage bearings.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts