RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to the v-twin world. I've owned two hondas in the past (929, F3). I recently traded straight across mt 2006 R1 for a 2004 RC51 Nickey Hayden. I've loved the look of this bike since it's debut. Now after riding it. WOW!
Hope to meet some locals for a ride some day.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome thegr8SP2, and congrats on the new (to you) bike. I picked up my '03 last December, and I'm enjoying every minute of riding it. I am also in So. Cal.

Regards,
Daris

·
Registered
71 Posts
just picked up my 2003 rc51 today from a seller in vegas. only mods are frame and swingarm sliders,alarm, and rear leds. 5200 miles. got it for 5000$$.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, I got a lot of use out of mine hauling bikes and building supplies. The only down side was it was too narrow to haul two bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome to the group!!
Quite a change from an R1 to an RC51.
What is the major difference you enjoy of the RC51 over the R1?
Just curious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the group!!
Quite a change from an R1 to an RC51.
What is the major difference you enjoy of the RC51 over the R1?
Just curious.
Don't get me wrong the R1 was a great bike. But the power to weight ratio was a little scary in the canyons. I'm not a super aggressive rider so the power was a bit much. The Rc feels far more controlable. The height of the bike, feels like it assist in leaning more in turns. The tourqe is great comming out of turns. The overall feels is just "better". It feels like a perfect fit.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Don't get me wrong the R1 was a great bike. But the power to weight ratio was a little scary in the canyons. I'm not a super aggressive rider so the power was a bit much. The Rc feels far more controlable. The height of the bike, feels like it assist in leaning more in turns. The tourqe is great comming out of turns. The overall feels is just "better". It feels like a perfect fit.
Seems to be the most common response I get. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
anybody have a clue as to what i can do. i bought the bike from out of state in nevada. but the mileage is too low for california to let me register it. how can i get past this or register it in another state? anybody have any ideas. im active duty military if that helps figure out some solutions

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I'd say that if the seller signed the odometer statement declaring the actual mileage to be true, then the CA DMV has no beef.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts