RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Ive been a member for a short time, but have been lurking here for a while and have wanted to own an RC for even longer than that, finally this weekend after months of searching, I was able to pick up a 2005 Black beauty,
I already have a list of mods staring with an exhaust, power commander and brake lines, the previous owner saw fit to install a 41 tooth sprocket and did the flapper valve mod, rode the beast for about 6 hours today and I'm as happy as a kid with a new toy, I've enjoy all of the recommendation's and suggestions that I've read on this site and look forward to many more nights reading and learning.
Any ways just wanted to say hello.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just north of WPB

:rolleyes: Thanks for the welcome guy's I'm a hour north of west palm, I live in Port St. Lucie,
Out of curiosity are any of you running a 190-55/17, mine came with almost new Dunlop 190 50, I run the 55 on my gsxr1k and it helps greatly with turn in and more lean angle than the 50, just curious if the RC responds the same way.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
:rolleyes: Thanks for the welcome guy's I'm a hour north of west palm, I live in Port St. Lucie,
Out of curiosity are any of you running a 190-55/17, mine came with almost new Dunlop 190 50, I run the 55 on my gsxr1k and it helps greatly with turn in and more lean angle than the 50, just curious if the RC responds the same way.
Absolutely.
The 190/55 slightly raises the rear by a few millimeters causing quicker turn response.
The cross section of the 190/55 is more ogival or pointy where the 190/50 is more round. This also promotes quicker response about the roll axis.

I ordered a replacement 190/55 for my bike and was mis-shipped a 190/50 instead. Since I needed a tire bad, I mounted the 190/50 and was unhappy from the moment on.

Compared to the 190/55, the 190/50 made the bike a lazy turner requiring more effort on the bars to burn the bike.
So I reordered a 190/55 and got happy again.
I'll mount the scuffed 190/50 on my 'Busa when the rear wears out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks sub sailor, I guess ill be saving for my next tire change, hopefully i can get close to the same tire life as my inline 4 the poor thing probably feels neglected with the addition of the RC :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts