RC51 Forums banner

Hello from Virginia

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  William 
#1 ·
Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about this bike. I just sold my '08 Yamaha R1 to get this RC51 and my friends think I'm crazy! I saw an '05 for sale at a shop in Maryland and fell in love with it's looks alone. Got to ride an '02 a few days later and simply had a blast! I love the amazing sound of the V-Twin vs. the inline 4. I'm a bit sad at the loss in power compared to my R1 but I'm "completely" satisfied with this bike; the R1 was very uncomfortable for me. Anyway, I hope to hear from you guys soon!

#2 ·
Sweet bro, from VA Beach....... I'd rather have an RC over the r1 because IMO these bikes lean into corners way better. Anyways, if u get a chance come on down or we could meet 1/2 way or something.

James

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome Bro!!

You will not spend a moment regretting it except for maybe people stopping you and asking you what it is. I live in the Allegheny mtns in Bath county. I was coming up the mountain on rt 39 where there is a big nice overlook at the top. When I rounded the last turn and slowed to pull in there was at least a dozen Harley riders at the wall looking to see what it was. As I pulled in they all came over to look at it. They could here me coming up the mountain and was amazed by the sound and then the looks of the Honda twin. " Man what's in that thing?" After a few minutes of discussion they were all impressed.
If you are coming this way shoot me an email and I'll show you some world class roads to ride. Very small town and area, and awesome for ridding.
ENJOY !! :D Hoovy hooverracing17@hotmail.com

#10 ·
You will not spend a moment regretting it except for maybe people stopping you and asking you what it is. I live in the Allegheny mtns in Bath county. I was coming up the mountain on rt 39 where there is a big nice overlook at the top. When I rounded the last turn and slowed to pull in there was at least a dozen Harley riders at the wall looking to see what it was. As I pulled in they all came over to look at it. They could here me coming up the mountain and was amazed by the sound and then the looks of the Honda twin. " Man what's in that thing?" After a few minutes of discussion they were all impressed.
If you are coming this way shoot me an email and I'll show you some world class roads to ride. Very small town and area, and awesome for ridding.
ENJOY !! :D Hoovy hooverracing17@hotmail.com
Thanks. I'll be in touch for sure!

#12 ·
Hey Dee !!!

I love it when someone puts a post on here like this. I spent a lot of time over your way last year. I was in and out of UVA fighting AML leukemia from apr till oct. It is such a great town! I am not a city person but really grew to love Charlottesville. Some awesome places to eat and I'm sure we didn't even scratch the surface. I am thinking about ridding my RC over to my next check up on aug 4th. If I do I'll pm you and maybe we can meet for a quick bite.
EVERYONE RIDE SAFE !! HOOVY

#13 ·
I love it when someone puts a post on here like this. I spent a lot of time over your way last year. I was in and out of UVA fighting AML leukemia from apr till oct. It is such a great town! I am not a city person but really grew to love Charlottesville. Some awesome places to eat and I'm sure we didn't even scratch the surface. I am thinking about ridding my RC over to my next check up on aug 4th. If I do I'll pm you and maybe we can meet for a quick bite.
EVERYONE RIDE SAFE !! HOOVY
sounds like a plan HOOVY....

#15 ·
Dee

Dee,

Looks like the wife is coming with me so I won't be riding. I will be over that way in a few weeks on vacation. We have a ride planned to Harrisonburg and up 33 into WVA. I'll let you know. HOOVY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.