RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently run across this forum when I googled the 1/6 turn throttle. I thought speedzilla and .org was the only game in town up until now.
I have an 02 RC w/ PC3, Arata pipes, S/S lines, Penske shock and re-valved front. Looking into the HRC 1/6 tube now.
I am trying to kick the habit of modding my RC but its harder than you would think. But after deciding to get rid of my second bike (02 GSXR1k) I am sure I will appreciate the RC that much more!!(read between the lines: RC is far superior to the GSXR)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am trying to kick the habit of modding my RC but its harder than you would think. )
Same as me..its likes Johnny Walker...its keep on walking...or shall i say..keep on modding...:D

U can try at ebay for the HRC 1/6...that is the best mod...EZ on the wrist if u ride the RC hard...

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the group!
I know how you feel about the modding habit.
I'm currently installing this years toys on the bike.

Which Penske shock do you have installed, 8987 or 8983?
And who's valves did you use for the front?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello & WELCOME

I am just over the mountain in Hot Springs, Bath County.

Got several friends in your area. Who do you ride with?

Dave Divelbiss is one of them, maybe you know him.

Have a good one !! James Hoover

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am just over the mountain in Hot Springs, Bath County.

Got several friends in your area. Who do you ride with?

Dave Divelbiss is one of them, maybe you know him.

Have a good one !! James Hoover
Yup, Dave is a good friend of mine. I have heard him mention your name on many occasions. Are you the new proud owner of an RC he has been talking about?
I need to throw a tire and chain/sprockets on my RC so I can come over and play on the mountain on the way out of Covington.

I am Kipp BTW.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's funny!!!!!!

I had a feeling that's who you were:) Yeah I got mine last Friday, LOVE IT !!!!

I just talked to Dave on the phone at work, man what a good guy.

He said he was getting his tires mounted tomorrow. I just got a set in today. Got Pilot Powers front and back shipped for $224. What are you running on yours? I am looking for a speedo healer too.

Looking forward to meeting you soon. By the way how's the back?
Hoovy

[email protected] my email

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Greetings and welcome to the group!
I know how you feel about the modding habit.
I'm currently installing this years toys on the bike.

Which Penske shock do you have installed, 8987 or 8983?
And who's valves did you use for the front?
I have the 8987 w/Dan Kyle suspension link and the front was redone by Traxxion with the AK20 carts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a feeling that's who you were:) Yeah I got mine last Friday, LOVE IT !!!!

I just talked to Dave on the phone at work, man what a good guy.

He said he was getting his tires mounted tomorrow. I just got a set in today. Got Pilot Powers front and back shipped for $224. What are you running on yours? I am looking for a speedo healer too.

Looking forward to meeting you soon. By the way how's the back?
Hoovy

[email protected] my email
I look forward to meeting you also. I can't wait to see the bike too, I understand it is the epitome of minty. Mine resembles more of a tool than anything else, so you will have to pardon if I drool over yours a little.

I usually run Power DOT race or Pirelli DOT (Dragons or S/C's) race scrubs, but that is also alot easier for me since I change my own tires at the house.

The speedo-healer is a must. With the horrible stock gearing Honda released our bikes with you are bound to be way off once you find your favorite setup.

If I were smart enough to stay conservative and off my feet the back would be great, but....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool

Yeah I might let the guy changing Dave's change mine. He is a nice guy.

I want to do some suspension upgrades too. My bike has had the sprokets changed -1 in front & +1 in back afam sprokets.

I took my time and was VERY picky with the one I bought.

Shoot me an email sometime and I'll send you a pic. I love the black and grey combo from 05.

Take care talk to you soon!! Hoovy

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I have the 8987 w/Dan Kyle suspension link and the front was redone by Traxxion with the AK20 carts.
I have the AK-20's myself and was getting ready to install them, but found a pair of Ohlins forks on ebay.
I'm still going to install them in my OEM forks, but maybe a bit later on.
How do you like the AK-20's so far and what weight oil is used?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not recall the oil weight. I am very satisfied with the setup. It is very smooth and planted. I have never ridden on Ohlins though, I would think they would be buttery smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts