RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Great to see such a good following of these wonderful bikes. I have both an SP1 and SP2 (which unfortunately has been turned naked, but in the process of converting it to original condition).

Both bikes are currently in South Africa but hoping to bring them to the UK next year along with the rest of my collection made up mainly of late 70's and early 80's Honda's including CBX's and CB1100R's.

The SP/RC51 is an awesome bike and never fails to put a grin on your face, I am currently getting withdrawal symptoms as I do not go back to SA until October...

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Hello & welcome to the forums. .

A wealth of information to be had here & plenty gentleman enthusiasts like yourself from all over the world are here also

Sounds as if you have separation anxiety from your favorite motorcycles

I understand that I work out of state most of the time & I really miss that sweet sound of my SP when I'm gone

Maybe you can spend some much needed quality time with them when you return

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on having two RC51's, in South Africa no less. Is that where you bought the bikes, or did you get them in UK? I only ask because I was under the impression that SA only has grey imports on the RC51...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum, congrats on having two RC51's, in South Africa no less. Is that where you bought the bikes, or did you get them in UK? I only ask because I was under the impression that SA only has grey imports on the RC51...
To be honest I am not sure if they are grey imports or whether they were sold stock in SA, I purchased them both in SA. They both have KM/h speedo so am looking to see if they can be re-flashed to MPH for when I bring them back to the UK next year.

I really enjoy the SP's they take some managing compared to the Fireblade but that is part of the enjoyment!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SA

Awesome! I have some friends from SA ans they travel there every chance they get. Their father owns a ton of classic bikes and cars, but all in the states.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts