RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hailing from New Jersey! I'm planning on purchasing a bike this week and there's a good chance that it will be an RC51. Just wanted to register and say hello before I start making random posts with the millions of questions I have about this bike... don't worry, I'll try my best to search first. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the bike I'm looking to buy is an '02 w/ 15,000miles or so on the clock @ $5000 give or take. I took a look at the bike and it looked great, frame, swingarm, forks all look/feel straight, the motor starts right up, etc. The only issue is a homemade paintjob on the front fairing, but it doesn't look half bad. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome, ride safe. $5K is a bit high for these bikes now, unfortunately, ESP if there is paintwork done. Paint = damage somewhere, somehow (usually).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I'm paying a bit much, but it's been a bike I've drooled over time and again so I don't mind so much. Also, after riding in Korea where an '02 RC51 would go for around $6-7k for a moderate condition I don't mind it so much. BTW, the guy left to drop it all off 20 minutes ago so I'm drooling in anticipation. :D

And I don't really expect to buy an 8 year old bike that hasn't fallen at least a few times. The frame and forks looked straight to me so I'm fairly happy with the deal.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
great looking 51, now put it into the corners of the world!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts