RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been here for a little bit, but cant remember if I introduced myself.
My name is Marc, and I just bought a 2004 Nicky Hayden Edition tonight! It came with Two Brothers Carbon Fiber high mount exhaust, an undertail, and PCIII! WOO HOO.
This is my second RC51. My first was a 2001.
I sold my VTX1800F (custom) to buy this. I also have a 2007 CBR1000RR. I prefer sportbikes to cruisers for now. LOL
I'm a 37 year old kid. This is my 10th bike and my 5th sportbike.
I'm glad to be here. Hopefully we'll get some action and good discussions going.

·
Registered
61 Posts
How do you liek your 1000 compared to the RC? My buddy has a new 1000RR and its sooo differnent then the RC. its bananas fast. but the RC is like a pissed off hot rod.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Hi Marc. Welcome to the group!

I think today's bikes may be almost too refined.
The RC51 appeals to me because it seems more raw.
I love it when I let friends ride it because when they come back they talk about the engine sound.The engine is very visceral with the intake noise and cam whine combined with the exhaust.

I love zinging down the back roads with the engine at 6000 plus.
Kinda reminds me of Cosworth DFV from the old F1 days.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely SubSailor. The RC51 is a raw machine built for cornering, speed, and stability. Hell it's a race bike out of the crate. Honda built a helluva machine to compete with Ducati, at a reasonable cost at that. It may not be the fastest bike out there, but it sure is a fun, and rare, bike!

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
It's kinds weird how the bike appeals to some.

This past weekend while watching MotoGP at my local hangout, I had a buddy (who has an '08 Gixxer 1000) ask if he could borrow my key. I flipped it to him and wondered what the heck he wanted it for.
All he wanted to do was crank the engine and have his date listen to it while he revved it.

I let another riding buddy who has a CBR600F3 ride it.
He took it to a nearby round-about and came back telling me it was the best handling bike he's ever taken around it.
He asked If I would put him in my will to get the bike.

And yet another buddy who has an '07 Gixxer 600 took a ride on it.
He figured it would be a heavy handling barge compared to his 600.
He told me the RC51 "hauls ass" around turns and he loved how the torque launched the bike out of turns.

I just smile and nod...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts