RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you rc guys know ur stuff so i wanna hear ur opinions, i got an 07 r1 yesterday need help ID parts i need or if its even worth repairing how much cost am i looking at. i know you guys tear down bikes all the time so any info at all helps

I STILL HAVE THE RC. NOT GOING ANYWHERE. EVER.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334917

thanks again guys

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I have done many of those kinds of rebuilds...worked at a bike wrecker/shop for years. Had access to lots of parts used and new at great prices, all were money pits.

$1000 bikes always wind up costing you 4x what you wanted to put into it.

If it was me I would walk away...just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
That bike is a lot messed up.

Keep it scenario: Buy a bunch of used parts from th R1 forum and slowly build her. (can anyone say Track Bike) Looks like the rim(s) need replaced, radiators?? A lot of cash piling up here.

Sell scenario: part out the good stuff and get your cash back.

My first impression was DAMN....that ride is beat to hell and wasn't taken care of even when it was stored.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys it seems i will just be selling her as is, everybody is tellin me its too much money to dump, but it would have been nice to have an r1 haha

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Unless you have a connection for used parts and spend the money to make sure its straight I'd part it out and try to recoup costs. That looks like a hot mess and you probably haven't even had a chance to check the forks/frame.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i ended up just selling her as is, didnt even wanna bother with it. looking like 1500+ in parts so i just sold on craigslist as is and got a 81 cb650 custom with the profit and put my initial investment back in the bank :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts