RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning on the way to work, I was moving along on a straight stretch of road and the bike suddenly lost power and spuddered a couple of times. Each time the bike spuddered, the FI light came on and then went off and the bike regained power. This happened 4 or five times in succession and then the bike went back to normal.

Later on that same trip, the same thing happened again. Each time the bike lost power the FI light came on. At the time, I was not dogging the bike or throttling heavy or letting off on it, it was just a nice steady throttle for about 20 seconds on a stretch. It wasnt an electrical outage as everyting worked fine except the engine so I am asuming the compuer was noticing something "off"... The weird thing is that I ran a diagnostic test when I got to work on and I was not getting ANY trouble codes?

Has anyone had this happen to them? Could bad gas cause this? I am shooting in the dark on this one.

Thanks for everyones help! I have solved a lot of problems from this site, but not having any trouble codes has got me stumped!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
For starters, this behavior has been experienced before by some members.
Since there were no fault codes, the first thing is to check you electrical connections at the battery and the ground wire connection near the right subframe mount.
These have been known to get loose due to vibration.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replys. I think I got the problem corrected. The positive battery termal lead, you know the one that is suppose to be fixed to the battery, was loose somewhere inside the battery. I could wiggle it and see it arcing! A new battery and $125 bucks and lets see if that fixes it.

Thanks again!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts