RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I was going down the freeway and my gas light turned then about 30 seconds later my throttle power is just gone so I figured I ran out of gas, fortunately a road worker helped out and gave me 2 gallons of gas well put the gas in and the bike wouldn't start back up!

Here are the symptoms:
Fuel pump primes and Headlights and gauges work, the bike sounds like it wants to turn over but it doesn't turn completely on.

Sent it to the shop and $200 later they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it .

Any help would be appreciated .

2005 SP2

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If you could bring some of the more important details from your fb thread, I bet some here could get you going in the right direction. This forum has some of the most knowledgeable RC51 guys I've seen anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Have you changed your Fuel Pressure Regulator?

A failing FPR will cause intermittent fueling issues, run it dry, it may not be able to prime itself. Another words, it does not allow the pressure to remain constant if the FPR is fubar.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi everyone, so I was going down the freeway and my gas light turned then about 30 seconds later my throttle power is just gone so I figured I ran out of gas, fortunately a road worker helped out and gave me 2 gallons of gas well put the gas in and the bike wouldn't start back up!

Here are the symptoms:
Fuel pump primes and Headlights and gauges work, the bike sounds like it wants to turn over but it doesn't turn completely on.

Sent it to the shop and $200 later they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it .

Any help would be appreciated .

2005 SP2
you sent it to the wrong shop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts