RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SP1, it has had a slew of issues that I have been trying to repair over the past year and a half.

Here is the scoop, The bike starts fine, will run until it warms up, then runs rich. Very rich, it spits and smokes then eventually dies. I think it's a temp sensor but I don't know which one would cause this.

There are no silly suggestions! I'm open to any and all help!

Thanks
Geoff

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Does your FI light come on?
And if so, have you jumpered your service connector to check which code is indicated?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should say, that it does begin to come on as the engine dies but does not stay on and when the bike cools down and I restart it, it is not on.

I read about a similar problem and it turned out to be the Fuel pressure regulator.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. You might try to see if the ECM has memory of some problem data stored in it. Check out the service manual page 5-7.

OR

You could always take it to the repair shop.

Rob

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
fuel pressure regulater!!!! its only like $40 bucks. Its one of the few "issues" these bikes have

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry to hear that. You might try to see if the ECM has memory of some problem data stored in it. Check out the service manual page 5-7.

OR

You could always take it to the repair shop.

Rob
REPAIR SHOP!....That takes all of the fun out of it!..lol......It's a track only bike and it's a back up at that, so I don't want to put any money into labor. Bikes are easy. With help from some one on here, it'll get fixed. Besides, how many parts can this thing have anyway?lol

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
With no FI codes detected, then it shouldn't be a sensor issue.
The fuel pressure regulator is a likely culprit.
But it should malfunction at once, not only when the engine reaches operating temp.
But things often don't behave the way one things they should at times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts