RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been searching all over the place for exhaust hangers for my SP1. I found Sato's in titanium and MrGrn's carbon hangers but I'm trying to find black hangers. I have Erion racing slip-ons that mount in the stock location. Any help with a link or where to look would be greatly appreciated. If they're not available in black, I guess I'll fork out the money for the Sato's and just have them powder coated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this sucks.. EMA called me today and the hangers are back ordered and there is no estimated delivery time. Only other option I found was the sato's but they're just too much money. I guess I'm just going to ask a friend to make me a set. I even tried Erion Racing today since I have their cans on the bike and they don't sell the hangers anymore either. Seems strange that common aftermarket parts are so limited for such a popular bike. I'm just not a big fan of carbon fiber and that seems to be the material of choice for RC parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im after some as well. I think ill get some carbon ones made up. I have a contact who makes aprilia bits in carbon. Best quality ive ever seen. Just seems a real lack of sp ones on the market

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
just bought a pair of black powdercoated ones off ebay for 50 bucks, ill let you know if they are worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just bought a pair of black powdercoated ones off ebay for 50 bucks, ill let you know if they are worth it.
Please post the link, I'd love to check them out. I've been checking e-bay everyday trying to find a set but I never saw them. Definately let me know if they're decent quality.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
awesome glad it worked out....guess well test them out together, and potentially make this guy a ton of money in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
got mine and installed....very happy with them. very good quality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Got mine too but they don't fit. They're not even close... Not sure why, only thing I can think of is the type of slip-ons I have or maybe it's an SP1 vs SP2 fitment issue. Which one do you have?

When I put the brackets on, they were at least 1.5 inches too close to the subframe for my cans. I tried everything I could to try and make it work (spacers behind the brackets, adjusting the slip-ons, tweeking my can straps, ect..) and they still weren't even close. It sucks because they are decent quality for the price and I think they would have looked great.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the SP2 cans sweep up a little more and are a little closer to the subframe than the SP1's. Also, I'm sure there are slight differences in the slip-on types. All all know for sure is mine didn't fit and I can't make them fit. Oh well... I'll probably just sell them to someone else and hope they have better luck than me.

Edit.. nevermind, I see you have an SP1. I guess it's just my cans..

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
thats really wierd man. i have a sp1, with arrow cans. i did have to bend the left bracket a bit, to get it to the can, but its even and fits good now. right side went straight on. you try getting a longer screw into the holes and just tweaking em together?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats really wierd man. i have a sp1, with arrow cans. i did have to bend the left bracket a bit, to get it to the can, but its even and fits good now. right side went straight on. you try getting a longer screw into the holes and just tweaking em together?
Yeah, I tried.. It's not even close. I guess the Erion Racing cans stick out pretty far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys. I will be bringing new rear exhaust hangers to the forum for a first round group buy. If you need them, get ready. I hope to offer silver, black powder coat and possibly polished. These are stock location mounts which get rid of the stick rear pegs and mounts. Light weight and sleek looking. Pics, prices and specs are only days away! I ma trying to target under $100!

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
my set will be up for sale in a month or two if anyone wants them, as i just bought a new bonzai system

1 - 19 of 19 Posts