RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the P.O. had no idea how a preload adjuster works and stripped the hell out of it.

Please let me know if anyone has one or knows where to get one. Honda does not show this part. Also the part on oem honda parts diagram looks very different.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's supposed to be an sp2 but who knows with this bike.

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
It's supposed to be an sp2 but who knows with this bike.
It's an SP2 adjust case.
Can only get them from Honda by ordering the entire cartridge.
If someone had a set of forks damaged in an accident (aka bent), then maybe they can send you the adjust case.

The combined SP1/SP2 service manual shows the breakdown between the SP1 and SP2 fork caps, but the disassembly steps are only for the SP1 forks.
You can damage the SP2 fork cap/adjust case if you follow the steps for SP1 forks.

The forks for the CBR954RR use the same fork cap as the SP2, so that's a handy reference.

I also use a set of Snap-On tappet wrenches to loosen/tighten the thin lock nuts on the fork cap/adjust case (12/14mm, Snap-On number LTAM1214 and 17/19mm, Snap-On number LTAM1719)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes some what. If it really came down to it maybe could used. But it is pretty bad and would really like to find one since i have fixed everything else....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts