RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i lost my one and only key. I know, i know i should have made an extra key or two...:mad:.... I think the culprit is my 3 year old, i think she flush it down the toilet....(don't think it would never happen to you). Anyway, does anyone know how to get a duplicate key?. i was looking on ebay for a set of ignition key+gas cap set, they are kinda expensive. any help would be really appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Damn that sucks. :( Have you given Ben at RC51parts.com a try yet?

G'luck !

·
Registered
72 Posts
Call a locksmith. They can make a key for you for about $80. Wife drop my set of keys in the lake on a Sunday afternoon out in the middle of nowhere.... Took the locksmith about 6 hours to make a Subaru double sided key... Cheer...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another note: I was able to bring my Registration paper to the Subaru dealer (at a later date) and they were able to cut me a factory key for about $14. May work the same way in Mortocycle dealer also but not sure.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
hello everyone, i lost my one and only key. I know, i know i should have made an extra key or two...:mad:.... I think the culprit is my 3 year old, i think she flush it down the toilet....(don't think it would never happen to you). Anyway, does anyone know how to get a duplicate key?. i was looking on ebay for a set of ignition key+gas cap set, they are kinda expensive. any help would be really appreciated...thanks
You also want the rear compartment lock. As well, I don't know if Honda uses some crazy bolts or lock down on the lock to the top triple clamp. I've seen it on one of my bikes. That would make changing locks on the triple difficult.

A locksmith will have a generic blank. If you want a Honda OEM looking key you need to order blanks from the dealer. As with any motorcycle part, a blank key is stupidly expensive too.

GL

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just for future reference, i believe there is a key code on your rear compartment lock cylinder... (being an ASE certified tech has taught me a few things that are universal for vehicles in general, like certain parts are all manufactured by certain companies and there is a level of interchange in parts that on the O.E. level you would never think would be the same but they are(seals, bearings and whatever), and a car is a truck is a bike as far as the way they are put together, that being said, i wanted original keys for my toyota once and the dealer wanted the key code, at the time i didnt know where it was located and the parts guy informed me that it was on the passenger side door lock tumbler. and it was, so with that in mind take your rear lock out and there is a key code stamped on it. i dunno if the dealer can/will cut keys, but hell, if you can get the blanks there they should be able to cut you an original key.... or your local locksmith should be able to look it up(at least a certified and licensed one) because they have access to that info thru their certs and licenses.... i could be wrong, just a thought.... my O.E. key has the same code thats stamped on the rear compartment cylinder ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts