RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am brand new to the site... just joined this morning as a matter of fact. I recently stumbled upon my first RC. Although I have been looking for years, I always found myself on another bike besides the RC. Either way, the bike came with Two Brothers Carbon exhaust. I know they make quality stuff but I really don't like the way it looks on the bike. I did find a bike with Black Dragon Exhaust that looks great but I have heard terrible things about the customer service. Hell, I have even sent multiple emails and had nothing in return. My question is, who makes an exhaust that looks similar to the looks of that small carbon fiber Black Dragon exhaust can but has better customer service. Any help would be greatly appreciated for the New Guy. Thanks again!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I am a retard or maybe new to this but I have a 2000 model RC. Is this bike exhaust specific? Can I not just slap any exhaust on that I want or do I have to make sure it is for an SP1 only?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
It will need an sp1 system.
You can do a header pipe mod, jondog9 has a thread about it.
After the header mod you can use Sp2 systems which are easier to find.
Titanium sleeves are much better then a carbon sleeve... carbon burns through and needs to be packed more often.

Ti sleeves last forever.
I am going to be repairing a Moriwaki Zero Sp1 exhaust system, Titanium sleeves, non rainbow color.

You will find that sp1 systems very very hard to find.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geezus that a lot of coin. In all seriousness, If anyone sees a set of sp2 headers or low mount GP can, I am in definite need. I am really looking for a GP Style can I think. I am not sure if I am sold on the high mount yet or not.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Check out S&P Engineering in the UK. They will sort you out. I put a set of DanMoto's on mine for the time being but I was lucky in that I didn't have to use their mids. I had a set of SP1 mids lying around that were the right size for the DanMotos. I also have a set of Scorpion slip ons that with D&D mids that work well. Choices are out there, just got to dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have an sp1 motor in my sp2 frame so i'm doing the sp2 header to the sp1 down pipes and then doing ladybird mids and cans.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts