RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I have a 00 RC51 and after parking at a rest stop there was an electronic buzzing noise with then engine off.
The noise is coming from under the seat. The battery is hot and I can no longer start the bike unless bum start it. Any idea what this could be?

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
check the fuse off the main power cable.... see if its popped.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
that sucks you were put in that situation but glad to hear it worked out and wasn't something serious.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was not that bad. There were three of us and one rider brought jumper cables. Wost case I could bum start the bike with a little push. The symptoms were odd but it sounds like batteries do funny things.

After running the tail of the dragon I had my chain and rear sprocket replaced at Wheelers. It is all part of the adventure and regular maintenance. We rode a total of 2400 miles in 8 days. Considering some of the comments of the RC51 I found it a comfortable ride but than I also have a Corbin seat.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Good to know...this goes for any of you guys, if your around Indy and have issues, look me up. Or if you don't have issues, look me up. Let me know in advance with a PM that way if anyone does have an emergency, I know you are around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts