RC51 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah they look like shortened Satos. Do the ends look like they been done at a factory or in a garage? I think they are modified Satos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they were shortened or modified, they were done right. They have no jagged edges anywhere and are very well put together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
guys, since you guys are talking about exhaust I have a quick question. I have an 03 RC, power commander usb, and Sato low mounts. The pipe on the right side gets way hotter than the left after a ride. Is this normal?? Come to think of it, the right pipes gets hot enough that I can't leave my hand on it while the left is luke warm. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Haha, mine do the same exact thing, and I have low ti satos too. I would bet other pipes do the same exact thing though. I chalked it up to the longer relative length of the left side, and probably less flow out the left because of the Y splitter causing the more abrupt angle to the left side. How you like that run on sentence.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, one side flows better. When I started mine during the winter with the Stabil running through it's veins, I would notice the puffs of white smoke coming from only one side at first as it got up to temp.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
it kinda looks like HINDLE but i havnt seen a set on a rc51. looks like my old hindle on my zx6r

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Grunt and Hdeez got it right. After I got down on my hands and knees I could see the slightly rougher edge where they had been cut down. Thanks guys....mystery solved!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haha, mine do the same exact thing, and I have low ti satos too. I would bet other pipes do the same exact thing though. I chalked it up to the longer relative length of the left side, and probably less flow out the left because of the Y splitter causing the more abrupt angle to the left side. How you like that run on sentence.
yeah, that's weird... This is my first twin so I'm still learning... I've always had I4s but i have to say i love the deep sound of the RC with the Satos... people freak out when I start the bike. : )

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very nice looking bike by the way! Very understated :)

Definitely like the polished frame and swing arm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also agree...have the same cans but full size. I think they are Gen1 Ti Sato low mounts. They are probable about 8 years old. Alot of guys are doing this kind of mod when they get damage at the end of the can. In fact I had a guy on Speedzilla buy one of my Sato C/F cans to do the exact same thing. The only thing I would tell you is that at some point you might want to consider having them re-packed. I would bet that the guy that modded them re-packed em but you never know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess I have the 1st gen Satos too then cause I dont have the cool looking retainer at the end that the rivets go through. I probably need to pack mine too since it has probably never been done. I kind of want to put those retainers on if I do repack. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? It seems so confusing and hard to find parts for these satos. Also, is there just a cheap material that can be bought locally to repack cans? Fiberglass mesh?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess I have the 1st gen Satos too then cause I dont have the cool looking retainer at the end that the rivets go through. I probably need to pack mine too since it has probably never been done. I kind of want to put those retainers on if I do repack. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? It seems so confusing and hard to find parts for these satos. Also, is there just a cheap material that can be bought locally to repack cans? Fiberglass mesh?
Yes you can purchase the bands that go on the end of the cans and even the badging as well. Some people say the badging is tough to get right because the rivits can back out. But others have had no problem. Call Dan Kyle Racing in Cali and talk to Lord Duc Hunter. Or at least that is his screen name on most forums. Honestly I do not know his real name. He can hook you up with the best packing material...even better than what came with the Sato's and the banding. Good luck buddy...

·
Registered
110 Posts
exhaust

shortened sato´s or devil´s, most likely sato´s, someone should have a good kicking for doing that:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts