RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my RC51 but it was set up for racing. I ended up buying new plastics for it to set it back up for street use. THe bike did not come with any locking mechanisms to hold down the rear seat. I bought one but I am not sure where it mounts to and where it goes in the tail. IF anyone can give me some pictures from their bike on the inside and outside to help me solve this problem it would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Here's a picture of the lock mechanism on an SP2.

Here's a picture of the rear panel with seat cowl box attached.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One last question

Thanks for you pics. They were extremely helpful. Could you tell me one more thing? As far at the key cylinder, where does that mount on the bike to actually turn the key and pop the seat? Another pic would be most helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Stock, the seat lock is mounted on the lower rear part of the fender.
On a Hotbodies undertail, the seat lock is mounted into the large hole in the middle.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
If you have a hotbodies undertail, you have to carefully notch the hole since the keylock has a ridge to keep it from rotating.
I very carefully notched mine with a dremel tool, but a fine file could work also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Locking Mechanism

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed you live in sarasota. I just moved from sarasota to Pembroke Pines for work. To bad I am still not there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
you could always get a cheap ebay undertail. they allready have the hole for the lock mech and the paint was dead on. i paid around $100 bucks and have had 0 problems

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, again. Before moving from Sarasota, I went to fuel cafe a few time but having kids makes time hard to come by. On a side note, I ended up buying a hotbodies undertail like you had brought up. My problem now is that the wiring is like spaghetti inside the tail. I know what the wires are for the signal lights because they still have the blue and orange connectors at the end. There is a white connector, a small green connector, and some loose cut wires that I have no idea what they are. Do you think that you can assist me in this matter. I will send you a pic if need be. I am not sure how to send them on this site but by e mail I know how to do it. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My problem now is that the wiring is like spaghetti inside the tail. I know what the wires are for the signal lights because they still have the blue and orange connectors at the end. There is a white connector, a small green connector, and some loose cut wires that I have no idea what they are. Do you think that you can assist me in this matter. I will send you a pic if need be. I am not sure how to send them on this site but by e mail I know how to do it. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
Those wires lead back to a little black box that integrates the turn signals into tail light. The cuts are necessary. I just pulled mine off and added actual turn signals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts