RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm just looking for a lead on a bike for sale that I can pass on to one of my riding buddies. He keeps showing me ads off of CL and other places that just don't look trustworthy to me. So if any of you guys know of a good ZX6, 636, or CBR600RR for sale in the eastern NC area please let me know, he also travels to TX often so anywhere between the two may also work.

Currently he is on a Kawi 650R

No Yami's or Suk's

I do not know his budget, I'm leaving that up to him and the seller.

Thanx,
James

I've tried to talk him into a RC but I think he is to wrapped around that 1000 number, he keeps saying "that's too much bike for me." Is it just power/weight numbers or is a modern 600 more of a bike than one of our piggies? I've never had the chance to compare first hand.

-J

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
If he is dead set or feels he cannot handle a 1000, i would seriously consider a Triumph Daytona 675R. They are fairly cheap used, and you get full ohlins (the good aftermarket stuff too, not the branded factory stuff) on a beautiful bike. The triple sounds great too.

If he's on a budget, i would sway him towards a nice, clean, older ZX7R or GSX-R 750. Just not much of point spending a bunch of money on a bike that is not that big of a step up from what he is on already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts