8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many have you been on?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?s=75

Roads I have been on: (so far!)

1) Tail of the Dragon

2) Cherohala Skyway

3) Twistie Roads ( CA Hwy 36)

4) Pacific Coast Highway-in a SUV, don't know if I'd like it on a sport bike with all of the current construction and traffic.:rolleyes:

5) The Snake

6) The Hellbender

7) The Lost Highway 58
Now that I have a structured list to use as a guide, its time to schedule some vacation.:cool:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ive been through the blue ridge parkway in Tn, and natchez trace, both incredible rides. As well as many roads in pennsylvania and missouri/arkansas that should be on that list! Been on the pch in a car as well, planning a ride there in the next year or two! I think these 100 places should be on everyone's bucket list!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Me and a friend on his 675 are planning a 4day road trip. Any suggestions? We are in Kansas City MO so cant be too far... planned to go through Arkansas down scenic hiway... open to other ideas. All the hiways out of kansas city are either straight or the road surface is shit

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Really? Not judging, just asking....:D

Check out the site, it has many links so you could plan your own route.:cool:
Did that come out wrong??:rolleyes: I will be on my own of coarse. Not that there is anythjng wrong witht that...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Me and a friend on his 675 are planning a 4day road trip. Any suggestions? We are in Kansas City MO so cant be too far... planned to go through Arkansas down scenic hiway... open to other ideas. All the hiways out of kansas city are either straight or the road surface is shit
Yea man, route 125 from Sparta, Mo all the way to Bull shoals lake in arkansas is pretty spectacular curvys, just rode it last week. The Peel Ferry crossing into Arkansas. Another place is hwy 65 from springfield, Mo down to 86 west into Eureka springs, Ar, and 62 out of Eureka to Rogers, Ar. Great roads. Beaver lake is beautiful as well. Hit me up if you come through springfield!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yea man, route 125 from Sparta, Mo all the way to Bull shoals lake in arkansas is pretty spectacular curvys, just rode it last week. The Peel Ferry crossing into Arkansas. Another place is hwy 65 from springfield, Mo down to 86 west into Eureka springs, Ar, and 62 out of Eureka to Rogers, Ar. Great roads. Beaver lake is beautiful as well. Hit me up if you come through springfield!

Im gonna check into all of those. Thanks farfignugen86

·
Registered
265 Posts
i do the twisted sisters twice a year. best roads ive ever been on.
other than hwy 1. i was caging then though

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Highway 1 -PCH- is seriously over-rated!
It's crowded 24/7 with lagging type cagers and huge-ass RV's (not to be confused with RVT's :') ), no passing lanes, and the sea-air makes your helmet lense impossible to keep clean.
Only if you're cruising and sight seeing with your sweetie. Then it's sorta ok... :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Highway 1 -PCH- is seriously over-rated!
It's crowded 24/7 with lagging type cagers and huge-ass RV's (not to be confused with RVT's :') ), no passing lanes, and the sea-air makes your helmet lense impossible to keep clean.
Only if you're cruising and sight seeing with your sweetie. Then it's sorta ok... :cool:
I call it the vomit trail.....after leaving Monterrey I successfully made not just my wife vomit, no not just my daughter vomit, but the baby vomit their gut up all within seconds if each other:D What a great memory ;D

·
Registered
265 Posts
yea i guess i could see that i was the touristy traveler when i went. but was pretty excited riding up 1 from la to San Fran.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts