RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I just picked up a 100% stock, original owner, never dropped sp1 a few days ago (posted a pic in the new members forum). I've owned numerous bikes and a few twins over the years (including a TLR and Superhawk), so I was wondering if the hesitation on my 100% stock sp1 is normal. I tried searching this forum and others, but didn't really get an answer.

When I go wide open on the throttle from a stop, or very low speed, the bike kind-of hesitates and doesn't immediately take off like the other twins I've owned. It feels kind of slow as it moves (almost like an I4 600), but once it hits 3-4k rpm it takes off like a missile.

I know the fuel injection has been glitchy for the sp1, and I've heard about the jerkiness as well. So is my hesitation normal for a 100% stock sp1 then, and I don't have to worry about it? Perhaps the free mods/filter/pipe/PC would cure it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
The RC51 makes no power to speak of at anything under 3500~4000. I sure wouldn't whack the throttle that low. Especially without a power commander to smooth out the fuel map.
It was never intended to pull from that low of an RPM. Now once you hit 5000 rpm, it's a different story.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
:confused:

Perhaps you are just not doing it right:eek::D ??? Mine spins the rear without really even trying at around those revs:rolleyes:.....most of all when the rears still cold:D.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The RC51 makes no power to speak of at anything under 3500~4000. I sure wouldn't whack the throttle that low. Especially without a power commander to smooth out the fuel map.
It was never intended to pull from that low of an RPM. Now once you hit 5000 rpm, it's a different story.
Thanks, I guess that makes me feel better. I'm just used to my old Superhawk that took off and would wheelie right from the get-go (but of course the mid-range and upper we not even close to the sp1).

:confused:
Perhaps you are just not doing it right:eek::D ??? Mine spins the rear without really even trying at around those revs:rolleyes:.....most of all when the rears still cold:D.
Is your bike 100% stock like mine (OEM exhaust and air filter, no PC etc)?

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Put a PCIII on her and some of this goes away after a proper mapping.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts