RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Twipple Bobby. I live in LosAlamitos. I have a 2000 SP1.5. Took it out for it's first track day and the clutch failed by lap 2 just as I was feeling good on the bike at Willow Springs. Had Mike Wheeler of Rogue Racing set it up for me trackside. Great guy and fun to meet the man behind RC51.org. Told him I was only going to bring my Triumph but since he was doing suspension services I had to bring the untested RC51 as well.
Thanks to this sight I am ordering a new SP2 clutch set up with judder spring and seat and new stiffer springs from Partszilla at about $35 cheaper than BikeBandit.

First off let me say the RC51 really turns me on. As a track bike it is right at home. Brakes seem very responsive and offer great feedback. Very stable and reassuring at speed and begs to be leaned over and throttled hard out of the turns. Unfortunately that was met by a severally slipping clutch and no satisfying thrust up the straight.

Bike is a 2000 SP1 with SP2 swing arm, Penske shock, GP built forks, SP2 wheels, Gilles rear sets, Vortex clip ons, Core brake braided brake lines, Double bubble windscreen, Corbin seat, -1/+1 Afam sprockets and Sato CF hi mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts