RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic figured out my bike problem ... it was some "oakie wiring" ... its all good now ... another dumb question , my bike has 24k miles on it. What is alot of miles for this bike ... or anyone else , what is alot of miles for an 02 RC51 ?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
im glad you asked this. Mine has the same but is a 2000. Unfortunatly alot are track miles but onthe bright side if you have no speedo healer on your bike you can rest assured that those miles are not accurate. My 51 reads like 15-20mph high on the highway

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedo healer ? Mine is off about 12mph also !! Did the guy I bought it from change the sprocket to a smaller one than stock ? Not an accurate speedometer read bugs the shit out of me !! How can I fix this ?

Thanks .. Mike

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Speedo healer ? Mine is off about 12mph also !! Did the guy I bought it from change the sprocket to a smaller one than stock ? Not an accurate speedometer read bugs the shit out of me !! How can I fix this ?

Thanks .. Mike
there was a guy selling a used speedo healer on this site. He is parting out an 03 i think. Im sure they changed the sprockets but you should check. I belive stock gearing is 16-40 and many people change to 15-41, 42, 43 due to the tall first gear. Somone told me that even with the stock gears the speedo is off but i dont know for sure. the speedo healer is a little box that you plug into the harness and i belive you can fine tune them to your specs. Tire size, gears etc. but im just guessing as i dont have one. Change it KM/hr and you will never know the difference lol!

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
My mechanic figured out my bike problem ... it was some "oakie wiring" ... its all good now ... another dumb question , my bike has 24k miles on it. What is alot of miles for this bike ... or anyone else , what is alot of miles for an 02 RC51 ?
Glad to hear your problem was fixed.
These are pretty reliable engines if properly maintained (a given rule for any machine).
I've got around 49K miles on mine and it keeps running.
Some have over 100K miles.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Glad to hear your problem was fixed.
These are pretty reliable engines if properly maintained (a given rule for any machine).
I've got around 49K miles on mine and it keeps running.
Some have over 100K miles.
you have 49k on yours!? Damn. You have not had to open it up for anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts