RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and currently do not have an RC51 but I have a line on an '03 with 1500 miles....yes that's 1500 miles.

$6000 Canadian dollars Yosh pipes, frame sliders and just a few cosmetic imperfections....just a wee crack on the tail section and a little rash, I mean little on the right side of the nose piece.

My question is " Is the RC really that great of a bike?" I've always wanted one but I currently ride a 2000 929 and just love the bike. But the RC keeps calling me.

It's heavier does anyone ever complain about the weight? It's plenty fast for me...

Should I or shouldn't I?

My heart says yes....but will I be disappointed??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome. They are great bikes, but not for everyone. They are heavy and not the most comfortable ride, but the rest of us die hard owners just love them.
I had a bunch of 4 cylinder rockets before getting my first twin and will never look back. I bounce back and forth from single cylinder beaters (supermotos or dirtbikes) to the RC.
You'll find opinions on either side of the fence.. pro and con.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
agreed, they aren't for anyone and they are heavier but the the rush of torque and how easily it goes in to the corners is purely a masterpiece by Honda. All I've owned is twins currently with the Honda Shadow 750C2, SV650S and RC51...........I've ridden multiple inline 4's but too me the twins put more wind n my sails my .02 cents.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have it!!

Wanted a RC51 when they first came out and 10 years later I have one, its simple they are spot on I have a 1999 yamaha r1 as well and thats good to. My point is that to me they are different types of ride but for me the RC51 comes on top. Im sure you will be happy with the RC51!! Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts