RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 2000 sp1 6 months ago that needed restoring,which is nearly done.It would of been finished but I keep riding the thing.
This is a great site and I would like to thank all you guys who run it for doing such a great job,well done.
I,ve never had a V twin before and I've got to say that the SP1 is an awesome bike,well the engine is I should say,pity about the suspension.
I'll have to do something about that.

Cheers:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep as I was told by many here when I started out, The suspension on the sp in stock trim is junk and upgrading it is the single most important mod you will do. Oh and welcome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, and please post some pics! ... maybe with some NZ scenery in the background :)

I'm a Floridian who'll be visiting NZ (south island) for the first time at the end of Sept.
Thanks.Have you been to NZ before.Unfortunately I don't know how to put photos on this forum.
Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep as I was told by many here when I started out, The suspension on the sp in stock trim is junk and upgrading it is the single most important mod you will do. Oh and welcome.
I've had a real good go at fiddling with preload,compression,and rebound at both ends and this helped heaps.This weekend I'll sort out the sag heights etc and do some more fine tunning.
I had a talk with our local ohlins man,Robert Taylor and he has suggested changing the top out springs on the forks,which he says will make a big difference.
I'll see what I can do first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts