RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my eye on an RC51 for a few months. For some reason I never really noticed them until recently! Went to MotoGP in Indy this year and saw tons of them at 'bikes on Meridian'. Is Indianapolis the mother ship of RC51's? :)

Anyway, I went to a local bike night here in Seattle (backfire moto) a couple of nights ago and saw a couple of mint RC51's so I decided to start looking into them. I currently ride an 08 CBR 1000.

Cheers,

Todd

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome. If you like the tourque more in the lower rpm, like 5000 and up, then you'll like the feel. Your blade is a faster and more refined bike, but the RC51 earned it's pedigree starting about 11 years ago. So altho there are newer better bikes, the RC51 holds it's own in character and ability. It's just such a different ride, my favorite!
Hope you get one.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. If you like the tourque more in the lower rpm, like 5000 and up, then you'll like the feel. Your blade is a faster and more refined bike, but the RC51 earned it's pedigree starting about 11 years ago. So altho there are newer better bikes, the RC51 holds it's own in character and ability. It's just such a different ride, my favorite!
Hope you get one.
Thanks John. Yeah, fast is all relative, I guess. What good does 160 HP and 180 mph do you on the street?! I typically do a couple of track days a year and maybe would notice a big difference b/w the CBR and RC51 then, but I'm sure the RC still handles well and is fun to ride. Weight wise, it looks like they're about the same. The RC51 definitely wins on the character and uniqueness side of the coin. There's a 2000 at a local dealer that I'm going to go look at today. I've never actually sat on one.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Hi all,

I've had my eye on an RC51 for a few months. For some reason I never really noticed them until recently! Went to MotoGP in Indy this year and saw tons of them at 'bikes on Meridian'. Is Indianapolis the mother ship of RC51's? :)

Anyway, I went to a local bike night here in Seattle (backfire moto) a couple of nights ago and saw a couple of mint RC51's so I decided to start looking into them. I currently ride an 08 CBR 1000.

Cheers,

Todd
Lets just say there was a small organized group of us at Indy. There are quite a few here in the area but majority were from out of town. I have owned several bikes and the RC51 is the only one I have bought twice....with no regrets.;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets just say there was a small organized group of us at Indy. There are quite a few here in the area but majority were from out of town. I have owned several bikes and the RC51 is the only one I have bought twice....with no regrets.;)
Cool! I was quite impressed with downtown Indy and especially bikes on Meridian. There was a good mixture of every type of bike there and everyone seemed to get along and be having fun. Looking forward to going again next year. :)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Cool! I was quite impressed with downtown Indy and especially bikes on Meridian. There was a good mixture of every type of bike there and everyone seemed to get along and be having fun. Looking forward to going again next year. :)
Its all about the good times and the comradery of motorcycles.Next year should be better when all of the Super Bowl construction is done....that was a real hinderance to traffic flow.

Maybe next year we have an "official" RC51 evening;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I couldn't resist the lure of the RC51. Here's the bike I picked up from USMC 1812 this weekend in Boise. Nice doing business with you David. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Saweeet!! I remember that bike. Those Sato's must sound divine! :)
Yeah I haven't had much chance to ride it, but I did take it out for a 1/2 hour when I got home and unloaded it from the trailer. The Sato's are fooking loud! They sound good though. I couldn't really rev it much as I was riding around without a license plate. I did manage to set off a car alarm on a side street. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I haven't had much chance to ride it, but I did take it out for a 1/2 hour when I got home and unloaded it from the trailer. The Sato's are fooking loud! They sound good though. I couldn't really rev it much as I was riding around without a license plate. I did manage to set off a car alarm on a side street. :cool:
That bike looks great. I told myself I was going to try to keep my ride stock, but every day I get on this forum and see all these non stock bikes. SO SCREW IT, time for an exhaust and an undertail, double bubble and and and and and .

Congrats on the bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That bike looks great. I told myself I was going to try to keep my ride stock, but every day I get on this forum and see all these non stock bikes. SO SCREW IT, time for an exhaust and an undertail, double bubble and and and and and .

Congrats on the bike.
Thanks!

Modding the bike is a slippery slope, as I've learned from past experiences.:D Once you start, it's hard to stop! But to me that's part of the fun of the motorcycling experience. Not to enable you, but I'm planning on selling the Puig Double bubble that's on the bike I just bought if you're interested. Also might changed the undertail as I don't like the location of the license plate holder on the Hot Bodies undertail.

-Todd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts