RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning,afternoon or evening,looks like a great forum and would like to say i am now the proud owner of a 2004 sp2,have always wanted one but untill now has always been just out of my grasp. traded a triumph street triple for this one, and the sp is just getting better the more i ride it, cracking bike.... have my wish list for it and its just getting bigger :) again great, forum.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Welcome to the group!!

That street triple sure is a nice bike.
A couple of years ago, the manager at one of the cycle stores here had sold a ton of Dunlop tires and the prize was a new Street Triple R (first year) and two VIP tickets to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca.

Are you also a member of the HondaVTRSP.com forum?

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Welcome!
I used to live in the UK till 1998 and still have good memories of riding great roads in Cheshire, Wales, Europe, etc.
Are SP2's easy to come by in the UK?
Great choice of bike, but of course we all say that around here. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the group!!

That street triple sure is a nice bike.
A couple of years ago, the manager at one of the cycle stores here had sold a ton of Dunlop tires and the prize was a new Street Triple R (first year) and two VIP tickets to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca.

Are you also a member of the HondaVTRSP.com forum?
Thanks SubSailor, the street was very hard to part with as such a capable bike,and fast for 675cc,mine was standard model in roulette green.That was cracking prize to give away,dealers over here could do a bit better with prizes,you may get chance of a bike in a raffle if a racer is visiting a dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!
I used to live in the UK till 1998 and still have good memories of riding great roads in Cheshire, Wales, Europe, etc.
Are SP2's easy to come by in the UK?
Great choice of bike, but of course we all say that around here. :p
Hi Stig,the uk do have some great roads,but wales has some of the best,the police did over police the bike scene in wales nearly killing it off, but a big bike demo involving hundreds of bike put a point across to the anti biker police commissioner,whom i believe was sacked or moved on? to back off. the police took it on board and now have a more relaxed approach.As for SP2,s in the UK? auction sites like Ebay always have some good examples and the likes of MCN and Bike trader also and they demand a good price some in the mid to high £4000 bracket,but SP1,s easier to come by. But no matter what one you have, they always get positive comments at bike meets etc.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome Choo. I too replaced a Triumph with my SP1. Although, I had the Speed Triple, not Street. Both unbelievably fantastic bikes. I had two Speed Triples, an 04 and an 07. I'm originally from the UK as well, Stockton Heath in Cheshire. 45 minutes from the Welsh border. I do miss those roads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou cwpSP1,speed triple is a cracking bike and always wondered! if the street is this good what must the speed triple be like? but the SP won,before i found out. i think triumph have got it dead right with there bikes now,and correct me if im wrong they also have a big following in the states i believe?

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Welcome Choochoo. There was another UK chap joined a bit back I believe, "you must know him" :rolleyes: Just kidding, I'm on my first season on an SP2 and loving it. Now if they'd just put more bends in the roads out here....

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Welcome Choo,.....CW is I guess a bashful lad as I offered to show him some roads to make him forget about his homeland....complete with foggy days here in another month.:D

Had the MotoGP in town and not one pint or story shared....is he still a proper Brit, Choo ??? ;) You may have to revoke his card...:D

Unless you are a motorhead, the Trumpets just don't get the respect here in the states. I have always drooled over the 955i. A bit piggy but hell, so is the RC51.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome Choo,.....CW is I guess a bashful lad as I offered to show him some roads to make him forget about his homeland....complete with foggy days here in another month.:D

Had the MotoGP in town and not one pint or story shared....is he still a proper Brit, Choo ??? ;) You may have to revoke his card...:D

Unless you are a motorhead, the Trumpets just don't get the respect here in the states. I have always drooled over the 955i. A bit piggy but hell, so is the RC51.
Hardy bloody har har! I'm in court October 3rd for a custody hearing about my kids, all going well, I'll be able to free up one weekend a month, sans kids, for some good old riding. Who knows MB, maybe I can teach you how to take a corner??? ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys,dont think you ever forget your roots? and we,ve got the rain now followed by the fog and then the leaf fall ,ice and snow! well little bit of snow down south!!! then we grind to a halt as we cant cope with it.Over there you,ve got far too much space so easier to put a straight road in,over here space limited so the roads snake thru the towns and villages...

and agree madbuyer, the 955i is carrying a bit of weight,but still a popular bike over here.

cw, if i may say,good luck with the court business oct.been thru messy political court battle myself over kids.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Hardy bloody har har! I'm in court October 3rd for a custody hearing about my kids, all going well, I'll be able to free up one weekend a month, sans kids, for some good old riding. Who knows MB, maybe I can teach you how to take a corner??? ;)
Ah yes, custody issues. Good luck with that, bring your wallet.

As for the teaching, just make sure you stay on the right side of the road....:eek:

I was rushing a bit as I may have knee surgery soon....my youthful thinking is not being very kind to my middle age body.:D

Pain...its just a word, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts