RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just started to play with my bike and the rear rebound screw just goes round and round, im guessing its snapped internally. Any suggestions please. Thanks .

Registered
You can get your shock serviced and rebuilt or replace with a standard or upgrade to something more bling 馃 maxton, nitron, ohlins

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, i know i can get replacement / upgrade but want to know if i can fix this one, it actually rides fine for road use. its a 2001 rc51 or sp1. Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gaz, I know, i could do with pics of disassembly and part numbers really and any hint tips n tricks while its in bits.

Registered
Check out Henry鈥檚 Honda SP1 restoration from Dave Hewson road racing on you tube for shock dismantling and rebuild.
K Tech do a seal kit, bladder etc just contact them for the correct size required

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had a look and vid shows how to strip n rebuild everything except the rebound system next to the bottom mount...where the adjusting screw is,,,im guessing the spigot unscrews but whats inside and are components available in uk easily as i dont want to strip it then not be able to ride cos i cant get the bits.

Premium Member
just get another stock sp2 shock, they are probably cheap as hell in the UK. Slap it on ride.

If you want some ideas on how to set money on fire, im sure alot of us have ideas for you

Reactions: MickSP2
1 - 9 of 9 Posts