RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hi to everyone.
Have been lurking a long time,learned alot from you folks!(Thanx)
Bought a "RC" Feb of last year(a 2006 with 712 miles)Have been slowly "making it mine".
Enjoy all types of motorcycles,mostly ride with my wife(sv1000)have been riding 36 years and live on the Miss gulf coast.
Looking foward to contributing and being a member.

Thanx,
Richard
P.S.Anyone know where i can find a Sato low mount exhaust LOL.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome. An 06 with only 700+ miles, Nice Score! What stuff have you done to it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jondog9,thanks for the welcome.
I've mostly ridden it :) (Have 7000 s-miles on it now)As far as mods go,
cosmetics: Rizzoma & Proton blinkers,Dbl bubble (dark smoke)windscreen,
Hot-bodies undertail with modified brake lights(others not bright enough)
Blk magnetic tank bra,Tyga CF hugger,(soon CF front fender).
Performance wise: :( not much, Supersprox stealth 42 tooth rear,PCIII
usb (not installed yet looking for exhaust sys) Pair & flapper mod.Will have the local Race Tech rep service & set up suspension shortly! Have Hel SS
clutch & brake lines waiting for installation on next service,(maybe upgrade pads?)
Am enjoying the RC after a 5-6 year absence from sport bikes.Progress is slow because so many other commitments,but will get there eventually!
Will post up pics as soon as i figure that out,not very computer sauve.I'm kinda an "old fart".

Safe riding,
Richard

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Welcome...I thought my '03 with 4700 miles was a find....nice.

Oh, I did find some Sato pipes luckly. Now for a custom map ($150):D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool

The black bikes are faster ;) and of coarse better looking. ENJOY AND RIDE SAFE :D

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
nice find, congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Your best bet for the Sato's is to keep checking ebay. You are lucky in that you own an SP2, although still rare you should be able to find a used set in good condition within a month or 2. If you give up on the Sato's there are still quite a few of options out there for you, you could also get in touch with Simon Percival. I buy many of my parts directly from him. He's a private distributor in Kobe Japan and can find you some awesome stuff. He is an outstanding guy and will go out of his way to help you out. Let me know if you'd like to get a hold of him and i'll PM you his email.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey gts455,
Check ebay regularly,seems a little "dry" lately.(same stuff) I'm not sold only on Sato's,just seems they have a nice mid-range delivery,(what im looking for).As far as Simon, i'm always trying to look at what he has to offer.The moto-gp ladybirds look awesome...but not my cup of tea.I just missed out on a very nice TSR? titanium sys he originally sold.(at the very upper limit of what i can spend... thought to long :( )If i remember right that was on speed-....Would greatly appr. his email,can introduce myself and possibly land something nice!Thank you for your response!

regards;
Richard

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
The black bikes are faster ;) and of coarse better looking. ENJOY AND RIDE SAFE :D
Do you really wanna go there? IMO the red and silver looks better (especially the 2000) and goes juuuuuust a little faster...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts