RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a preferred company they use?

just want something with minimal install work, plug and play basically

Ryan

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I use the high end bulbs made by Sylvania...they are truly plug and play. I never understood the desire for HID on a motorcycle. but to each his own.

This time I want to use a yellow/blue combination...I saw the yellow rally lights on a Porsche, very nice touch.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the high end bulbs made by Sylvania...they are truly plug and play. I never understood the desire for HID on a motorcycle. but to each his own.

This time I want to use a yellow/blue combination...I saw the yellow rally lights on a Porsche, very nice touch.
You know how you see a car coming from 75 miles away with HIDs.......i like that someone will see me from that distance as well.

Additionally you can see so much more at night, truly.

then...i used to use the sylvania silverstars in my truck and old bike, but truly after a few months they are not as bright as they used to be, i found this out when one bulb blew and the difference was obvious.

So those are my reasons, not so much to look cool by any means but overall safety and im just not a fan of modulators/pulsers, at least on headlights, but tail lights yes.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

I had this done to my old F4...people still try to run over you...:D

I do know what you mean, this is why I am looking into the Blue/Yellow combo.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had this done to my old F4...people still try to run over you...:D

I do know what you mean, this is why I am looking into the Blue/Yellow combo.
FWIW intoxicated drivers at night tend to steer towards bright flashy objects, hence why the marine corps does not make us wear reflective vests at night anymore

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ordered my 6ks from HID world yesterday, ill post up when they get here and i do the install and before and after

1 - 9 of 9 Posts