1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Worth every penny...the quality of the materials and the welds are amazing. If I had the cash right now I would plunk it down.

But since I have a couple of different Satos, a Yosh and a Hindle Ti high mount set up, I would rather use that kind of money for some serious weight savings like a set of BST's or forged magnesium wheels.

But since I have a set of forged aluminum wheels which will get me by and are lighter than stock, my extra money is going into Ohlins internals for the forks.

But if those Ladybirds are a little too steep how about a set of their slipons? Same craftmanship and quality for less than half the price...still a great deal in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Worth every penny...the quality of the materials and the welds are amazing. If I had the cash right now I would plunk it down.
I second that for sure, Those ARE the pipes to have.:D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just curious - whats the power difference, weight difference between these Ladybirds and the SATOS? I paid a grand for the Sato's, do the Lady's warrant an extra 2K?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Worth every penny? Thats what i paid for my whole bike. No doubt great stuff but please, thats crazy. If i had money to burn then why not but no way would i spend 3grand on a exhaust system that is not even going to up hp numbers very much. Rather go with light weight wheels or ohlins front and back! I onow simon is pretty much worshipped here but please guys. Has anyone on this forum even bought the system??? Thought so...

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Worth every penny? Thats what i paid for my whole bike. No doubt great stuff but please, thats crazy. If i had money to burn then why not but no way would i spend 3grand on a exhaust system that is not even going to up hp numbers very much. Rather go with light weight wheels or ohlins front and back! I onow simon is pretty much worshipped here but please guys. Has anyone on this forum even bought the system??? Thought so...
Try reading gts455 sp1 project....and there are others:rolleyes:..... "SEARCHand ye shall find !!!! Also , try to find somebody that can weld like that, cheaply??? Thought not, and bend TI, cheaply ??? NO, and then spend the time and resource on a bike that is now 12 years old....NO. I rest my case.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try reading gts455 sp1 project....and there are others:rolleyes:..... "SEARCHand ye shall find !!!! Also , try to find somebody that can weld like that, cheaply??? Thought not, and bend TI, cheaply ??? NO, and then spend the time and resource on a bike that is now 12 years old....NO. I rest my case.
Didn't mean to rile everyone up. Just thought they were pricey. The way I look at it is I can't make it or do the work and someone else can then they can name their own price..

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Didn't mean to rile everyone up. Just thought they were pricey. The way I look at it is I can't make it or do the work and someone else can then they can name their own price..
I'm not riled up, just making a point..... Some people spend 50g's on a sport car, some people spend the same on bikes....not unheard of....don't have the cash or not worth it to you then that is fine too. IMO, these pipes are worth the price. WhitWwings on 'Zilla had some of the Ladybird HRC's for sale...$2800 if thats much better :rolleyes:LOL:D

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree... I think they are worth it. Just wanted to post them up if anyone was interested and mention that I thought they were pricey.. If money were no object i'd have a set.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I think they are worth it...if money is not an issue why would you not? Good quality products are just that good quality products and they are getting harder and harder to find for our bikes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It is the coolest rarest exhaust in the world for the bike. An incredible piece not even available while the bike was manufactured. I have no problem spending that $$.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
It is the coolest rarest exhaust in the world for the bike. An incredible piece not even available while the bike was manufactured. I have no problem spending that $$.
Our friend gts455 owns a set of them, but I do believe his Etho's full TI system is even more rare...... If madbuyer ever passes up his dibs on them, I am next in line as I own the Etho's TI slip ons gts455 sold me.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I knew you had them too !!! I also knew you would post up LOL

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I think they are worth it...if money is not an issue why would you not? Good quality products are just that good quality products and they are getting harder and harder to find for our bikes.
They wouldn't have existed at all if Simon hadn't pleaded, cajoled, begged, whatever, to have management allow development of such a low volume part (only 15 HRC replica systems that I know of).

Thank Simon whenever you can. He's a straight up great guy.
And unbelievable quick shipping times from Japan to US.

A while back when I ordered my system on a Friday, the next Tuesday they hit the doorstop!! Incredible.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
True quality comes at a price, especially in this case.
Ti is expensive as a material & manufacturing to this level takes highly practiced skill.
Remember also that these have been made in Japan at at time when the Yen is strong and USD weak.

When the original HRC Ti exhaust was made only Akropovic was able to manufacture.
Jardine's exhausts used in WSB were re-badged Akrapovic some have said.
So to have a quality and well fitting replica is great indeed.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
The funny part is that high end ducati exhausts have cost that much for years now. Market dictates price, and obviously it was worth it to about a dozen people.

There are still quite a few RC51 owners that paid much more than 3k for their bikes, and still value them as such, and have all the bits you mentioned already.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

From inside the secrect "PANDARACING" workshop ;):D:cool::cool::cool:

And the sound @ Brainerd International Raceway WOT top gear turn one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts