RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the bikes i'm looking at has mircon high mount exaust that goes out side of the passenger pegs and then out the back. My question is can you still have a passenger on the bike or would i have to change the exaust or possibly just put a heat shield on the mid pipe. Or would it be alright to have a rider just the way it is once aging thanks for any info

·
Registered
863 Posts
You aint carrying anyone around with high mounts on your bike unless they want to get burned or ride with their knees at their chest.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol well that's good to know cause I ride double up a lot so I guess I would have to get a new exaust or has anyone tried moving the high mounts in and more under the tail??

·
Registered
232 Posts
moving them under the tail is a pretty big undertaking.. You would probably just be better served getting a regular mount exhaust if you ride double alot..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have a set of fmf regular mounts from my old bike i could swap on too it but might be a fun winter project if i get that bike to maybe move them under the tail or to make a custom exaust that exits down by the rider pegs like the taylormade one for the 07 gixxer.
If anyone has experience in making a custom exhaust any notes or advice would be a great help in maybe determining which way i decide to go. Maybe i'll just have mrgrn make me a set of sweet pipes :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
the undertail exhausts look like a pretty daring undertaking as there is alot of fab work and you wont know if youve gained/lost power until its finished. Id be intrested to see someone tackle some gp style pipes for an RC just sticking out a few inches past the fairing. I was going to go with some mrgrn products until the po of my bike let me know he still had the Sato system he took off the bike and would see them to me..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i always liked that style of exhaust but it bigest problem i can see is the rear cylinder pipe has to have the nesseary bends in it to provide the best power and you can't run straight pipes on an rc it sounds like a nascar coming down the street at 200 mph when your do 20 mph lol so i haven't figured out a way to basicly put a muffler under the bike for both pipes. might have to goto the moto gp stle one one under the bike and one out the rear :) damn that would be a shame huh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts